Hello all

Anything about BXs
anaconda
BXpert

Hello all

Post by anaconda »

Just joined the BX club and thought id say ello. Ive been a Cit fan for ages, drove a BX 1.9Deisel in the mid 90s before it started to fall apart. A curious but wonderfully comfortable beast...the best bit was the engine wouldnt turn off if the radio was on! I often walked away from the car, ignition key in hand, and the motor was still running! The boat like ride was unbeatable.

I had a DS as my every day drive for eight years until last year when I sold it to fund a VW camper. The DS was our regular transport to France and it was faultless. Ive found im getting fidgety without a Citroen so im looking for a well sorted BX for outragiously low money to satisfy the yearning, a 1.9 Diesel again so i'll be keeping a close look at the one on ebay. Theres tons of useful info here so congrats to everyone involved, its obviously going to be a big help once ive got a car boxed off.

cheers
John
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Welcome to the forum John,

Good luck with your search, there are a few of them around, but getting rarer by the minute, and ime sure when you get one, the forum will be of great help to you as it has been for me.

Andy
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Hi John and welcome to the club.

This one may be worth a look as its low mileage and tidy?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1991-Citroën-BX19 ... 2c5d8e2082

A few small niggles to sort out but nothing major, lower mileage ones are starting to fetch good money, its worth paying that bit more for a nice car than buying a shed and throwing a small fortune at it! The 19TGD is a nice spec with power steering/sunroof etc but no ABS etc to worry about.

Good Luck!

Tim
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
anaconda
BXpert

Post by anaconda »

Thanks chaps

Yep im keeping an eye on the ebay auction. I spoke to the seller earlier today. Sounds like a decent car
kermit the frog
BXpert

Post by kermit the frog »

Welcome John
The chaps on here know more about the BX than Citroen did and they built it.
I just goes to show experience is good and knowledge is everything.
Good luck in your quest for a BX.

Regards Kermit
ALAN S an oracle of knowledge sadly missed by us all RIP Mate
Green Hornet well I don't really know.GS project gone to pastures new
Blue Streak 1996(P) XANTIA VSX TD (130K.)
anaconda
BXpert

Post by anaconda »

[quote="kermit the frog"

I just goes to show experience is good and knowledge is everything.
[/quote]

Hi Kermit

Couldnt agree more. Its obvious in the few days Ive been a member that the accumulated knowledge of forum members is a huge benefit to idiots like me. Im no mechanic, but I'll give it a go when I can.

Also discussing the old BX with like minds (and lets be honest many people are turned cold by them) perhaps reminds us that maybe we're not complete aliens!!