Well pleased

Anything about BXs
Gary
BXpert

Well pleased

Post by Gary »

It was mot time for the txd today and she sailed through with no advisories or any expense beforehand.
Must admit i did give her a3rd gear thrash down the A6 just before the test
which helped her sail through the smoke test :D
Now i need to get the wifes txd turbo mot'd after 3 years of standing idle :(
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

\:D/ Well done :)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Congrats bud,

another BX on the road for another year, well done.

Andy
Gary
BXpert

Post by Gary »

Thanks guys, its always a worry at mot time because you never know what you may have overlooked.
I would like to get the txd turbo back on the road as we have owned it 13 years.
The wife wanted to sell it because due to her being ill the last 3 years she thought it was not going to be used by her again . But i could not bring myself to sell it plus i could not chose between the 2 cars, so hopefully it will be back on the road soon :)
I have run it on a regular basis to keep the hydraulics working so it my not need to much to get it road worthy.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Go for it Gary,
and i hope your wife is on the road to recovery.
Also, a well fettled BX is worth a lot more than junker.

Andy
mountainmanUK
Confirmed BX'er

Post by mountainmanUK »

Well done on the TXD Gary! :)

Hope your TXD TD doesn't give you too much trouble. My TXD TD (Monica) has just bought herself another year on the road, without any real hassles.
We must keep these old TXD Turbos going....according to that "Howmanyleft" thread, there are now only 26 TXD TDs still on the road, with another 13 currently SORNed.

Regards,
Dave
Gary
BXpert

Post by Gary »

Grenman wrote:Go for it Gary,
and i hope your wife is on the road to recovery.
Also, a well fettled BX is worth a lot more than junker.

Andy
Cheers Andy the wife is on the right track now thanks.
As for the car it is far from a junker she is still in good nick has a few marks here and there but overall not bad can't see any serious rust.
To me it has a lot of sentimental value that's why it's still in the family

We must keep these old TXD Turbos going....according to that "Howmanyleft" thread, there are now only 26 TXD TDs still on the road, with another 13 currently SORNed.

Mine is one of the 13 sorned Dave , maybe for not much longer :)
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Gary,

my next BX [if i can afford one, got 5 motors to date] i hope will be a Turbo but i certainly will be looking after those that i have. However i will admit, ime no mechanic and can only do simple things like rustproofing and rad removal etc. I have to rely on my mate Tim to advise and do the expert stuff, with my help, [Well done Tim] along with a good Citroen garage local to me.

These things are far more scarce than Ferrari's and Bently blowers ime sure. Lets hope they last as long.

Andy