Active members who never turn up

Anything about BXs
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Or............ you can turn up and get pissed with the rest of them, get collared by the resident Citroen \'agent\' and, as the sole target of a rowdy BX group, be assured you can be \'kicked in the back of the knees\' for......................................................what exactly????nice advice Citroen man!!!!! Add to this the priveledge of being called a dick by another forum member (not BXC) and then the further \'in your face \"Watch what you\'re saying about me\"\' accusations I seriously wouldn\'t bother..................
Last edited by BX Bandit on Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

BX Bandit wrote:Or............ you can turn up and get pissed with the rest of them, get collared by the resident Citroën \'agent\' and, as the sole target of a rowdy BX group, be assured you can be \'kicked in the back of the knees\' for......................................................what exactly????nice advice Citroën man!!!!! Add to this the priveledge of being called a dick by another forum member (not BXC) and then the further \'in your face "Watch what you're saying about me"\' accusations I seriously wouldn't bother..................
Oh dear, take it we shant see you this year then Bandit.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

It's unlikely, but not due to said incident. Granted we're a rowdy bunch and needed to quieten up a bit but the citroen bloke came across all abrupt and rude. When I mentioned that it would of been nice for him to talk politely he suggested to the others (i.e. friends from the BXP posse) that they 'kick me in the back of the knees if i give any trouble!"

It's such a wrong thing to say on several levels, not least the hypocritical one. We were just making noise, not trouble making in ANY way. He managed to start the night going very wrong

Any way, perhaps I should attened, I rekon I stand a good chance of winning shed of the day with my bashed up TZD!

Not for long though, she's soon to undergo a good honest restoration complete with an air con re-vamp! I shall also convert her to a (red) Hurricane (although I may call her the 'Bandit') complete with valver bumpers! I just need to stop her going pink after a few weeks in the sun.
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

This year I would ask for everyone to be aware that it is a family orientated site and there will be lots of other people camping over so enjoy yourselves BUT be a little considerate.

Noone will be kicking anyone in the knees! If things like that are said then please let me know as its not on.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

This is not the place to bring up old grievances. It's not going to make things any better.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Des Smith
1K Away

Post by Des Smith »

Just added knuckledusters to my kit list! :lol:
BX14TE St Tropez 1990 - now sold
Xsara Forte 1.4i 2000
Kawasaki GPz550A4 1987
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

back to the paramount marauder :D
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I would like to be there but apart from having no road legal BX ( or any other car) it's a bit of a haul - over 1000kms unfortunately. On my Honda C-50 that would take a few days!

Is 'kicking someone in the back of the knees' a recognised manouevre? It sounds a bit odd to me! :D
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

All I would add to this is that consideration, not to mention the law, runs both ways.

If you were part of a rowdy bunch who were causing a nuisance to others, then a reprimand is fair, but the fact you were singled out is not fair (unless you were rowdier than the others...)

However any suggestion of physical violence either from said "Citroen bloke"or his encouragement to anyone else to do the same may be a criminal offence...

I can't comment further, because I wasn't there.

Non specifically however, I can say that I enjoy a drink with friends, and can become a bit loud and silly when I've had a few. I do however try to consider others may be trying to sleep, have kids etc. I think as long as such things are kept in mind as others have said, then all should be well.

My brother and I had a fair few at Wetherby this year, and no-one had anything negative to say about it at all. Then again, we didn't make a nuisance of ourselves, so I guess that's all that matters. We intend to be at the National, and certainly to have a beer or three :)
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
Jayboy
BXpert

Post by Jayboy »

Yeah, deffo can't go Tim :(

Lack of 2CV preparation time before France in 2 weeks and a few hundred notes short for ferry and fuel to get there!
CCC BX Columnist
'89 16v P1
'90 BX GTi 4x4, 16v P2, 19 TZI auto A/C estate
'92 BX 19 TGD (now 17 Turbo D)
'93 BX 19 TXD estate & 19TD van
'93 ZX Volcane TD 3 Door
'71 DS 21 EFi Pallas, '86 Visa GTi ,
'98 Xantia Activa P1
'07 C4 by Loeb
3 x 2CV, 1 x Mehari
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Jayboy wrote:Yeah, deffo can't go Tim :(

Lack of 2CV preparation time before France in 2 weeks and a few hundred notes short for ferry and fuel to get there!
Boo! :roll: