Octopus pipe suppliers

Anything about BXs
kiwi
Over 2k

Octopus pipe suppliers

Post by kiwi »

Few choice words came out today after I swaped my tyres.

Lovely green puddle of LHM under that place we all know and love and yes seeping out of a pipe at a join at that location that familer green liquid.

Anyone know or got a Octopus pipe? The supplier I got one from years ago was GSF and I cant see them listed on the new website they have.

Timing is typical
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Oh oh spoke this morning to Adlams European in the Taranaki and have been informed that Octos are No Longer Available from Citreon

:(

Time for the creative flair to come out it seems.

On a side not got a feeling it is not Octo related as there seems to be some leakage from the Operational Return. This pipe I did a bodge job near the reservoir not so long ago it is possible I over stretched it :oops:

Reason I say this is the HC stuck while fiddling around the area and no leaks happened during that time.

Either way got the garage playing with it my neck has given up lying under the car trying to get in a cramped place my fingers dont want to go.
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

i had one fitted recently which came from france i think, i could try and find the details?
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Be great if you could. :D

Quite ironic how cars repay the kindness you give them :?

I put a new set of front boots on for the winter and it pees on my garage floor :roll: Top that with it Vehicle Licence was overdue and got done the day before and you really got to wonder if cars do indeed have a soul.

Meanwhile the TRS is laughing at me after the scares it gave me with leaky heater matrix to know it is now top dog for a while and may have to have the boots instead and of course more Licence fees due in August :x

Gone months with few issues then bam.
Way2go
Over 2k

Re: Octopus pipe suppliers

Post by Way2go »

kiwi wrote: Anyone know or got a Octopus pipe? The supplier I got one from years ago was GSF and I cant see them listed on the new website they have.
Can't get into the GSF new restricted website at present but it didn't used to be listed as "Octopus" it was "Oil Leak-Back Harness" circa £29.50 IIRC. :)
1991 BX19GTi Auto
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Way2go wrote:
kiwi wrote: Anyone know or got a Octopus pipe? The supplier I got one from years ago was GSF and I cant see them listed on the new website they have.
Can't get into the GSF new restricted website at present but it didn't used to be listed as "Octopus" it was "Oil Leak-Back Harness" circa £29.50 IIRC. :)
Oil Leak back Harness refers to the big fat one to the accumulator with two small pipes going to the HCs.

Those I know are still available and expensive. Already done a splice and dice on one of those recently.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

The Octopus you refer to is also the 'Oil Back Harness' Kiwi - there's the 'front'( small Octopus) one and the 'back' ( Big Octopus) one - is the one that you want.
It was still available from Citroen three months ago as I bought one in its finest Polish manufactured form. I'll have a look..

Just looked on Service Citroen and it is still available : 'Oil Back Harness 96 030 258' - round about €60 I think, though Malcolm will probably be able to give you a firm price,
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

i have just this weekend fitted one to my TZD i have had it in stock for some time now, bought from GSF when they used part No.'s starting with N which is N43406, its and OE one with the part No. as toddao post above, when i looked them up on service citroen they were around %6/8 quid if still avalible,

and as toddao says it is also called an oil back harness,

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

kiwi wrote:
Way2go wrote:
Oil Leak back Harness refers to the big fat one to the accumulator with two small pipes going to the HCs.

Those I know are still available and expensive. Already done a splice and dice on one of those recently.
Correct advice is given but if you wish to ignore, that is your prerogative! :roll:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Way2go wrote:Correct advice is given but if you wish to ignore, that is your prerogative! :roll:
Not ignored taken on board what I posted earlier was based on what a supplier had said.

Is it really getting in a pissing competition over? The BXs do that enough with the green blood :lol:
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

At this stage it "looks" like it was simply a case of the Operational Return on the Height Corrector being over stressed when I spliced together the pipes when I replaced the Oil back Harness (little Octo) with a second hand one.

Still worrying though that the Large Octopus is no longer available and there is a back log on orders for this in NZ. Once that pipe goes practically the end of the BX unless an alternative is figured out by use Enthusiasts.