Bx v BMW 4x4

Anything about BXs
kiwi
Over 2k

Bx v BMW 4x4

Post by kiwi »

:lol:

So there I was cruising down from our local mountain road with snow chains on and taking it oh so cautiously when this plank in a BMW 4x4 passed me did a 180 and bounced off a bank did a 360 and tailed it into a ditch all at a very low speed (like under 30kph) :shock:

I so wish I had a dash cam going at the time it was the stuff youtube was made for :lol:

Loved his tyres an attitude! Urban slicks and the attitude of its a 4wd how did that happen. Then blames me for going to slow :roll: Somehow I think the brakelights on as he passed me may have been a strong contributing factor :wink:

Couple of weeks ago they were panicing not enough snow now theres to much but this weekend is the start of a two week school holiday and winter madness.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Of course it was your fault! couldn't possibly have been his!! after all you're in an old banger :lol:
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

He'd have been OK had he just put nitrogen in his tyres! :lol: :wink:

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

mat_fenwick wrote:He'd have been OK had he just put nitrogen in his tyres! :lol: :wink:
Funny you should say that he had bridgestone tyres and those green caps they put on after filling with Nitrogen. :lol:

Seeing some the driving the last 24 hours around the area I am really surprised not to have been going to a call to convert a car. I wish I got a photo of another 4wd today that had a big chunk missing where the nearside headlight should live. One scare myself heading to work this morning with -5c temps. Piece of road had water running over it, after passing that water the steering felt a bit .....light :?

The funny thing ALL the cars I have seen off the road today have one thing in common...4wd modern vehicles....shame the drivers lack the skills.
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

ken newbold wrote:Of course it was your fault! couldn't possibly have been his!! after all you're in an old banger :lol:
Funny you say that most people dont realise my BX is 20 years old :shock: beacuse numberplates over here just give an indication when the car was registered to those plates and if you lose or damage a plate you get a new set. So mine have plates registered 5 years ago :wink:
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

One of my scariest (and most stupid) moments was when driving down the autoroute in France in February 2010 in the falling snow- Everyone else was trundling behind a truck, and the fast lane was empty. So, I thought sod this, and pulled into the fast lane to overtake. Once there, the car started making a strange noise. At first I thought something was wrong with the car, until I realised the problem - the fast lane had not been cleared of ice, which is why I was alone in it. A slight turn of the steering wheel to get me back into the middle lane revealed how light the steering was, and I VERY slowly gradually changed to the middle lane.

Never again.... :oops:
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk