"Sophie" MK1 BX TRD FOR SALE! New MOT!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

"Sophie" MK1 BX TRD FOR SALE! New MOT!

Post by ren16tx »

My situation is changing,and am buying another R16TX,and have travel plans for next year,and with a lack of money and space! its with a heavy heart that i need to reduce my car collection!! :cry:
Sophie is well known within this forum, and CCC,she's a MK1 DIESEL (19trd) LHD, sold new in Rome,
She now has a New Mot! so is up and running, plan to tax her begining sept, mk1 alloy wheels, No major rust,just the odd scab, but there are sratches and dings, some spares to go with her, like wings, bumpers,
£750

Also;
1975 citroen GS c-matic pallas, mot/tax black, LHD £2000

"L" reg BX 16 txi auto, white, mot/tax low milage, excellent condition, £1000 "SOLD"
Last edited by ren16tx on Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

2011 is turning into the year of the Mk1! Good luck with the sale.
nirgunapa
Confirmed BX'er

Post by nirgunapa »

and the price is??? :)
Colin

1998 Rover 800 SLi
1997 Skoda Felicia LXi (the wifes drive)
1999 Volvo S80 (SORN - to go)
1959 Commer Cob
1952 Riley RMA (retirement project)
Whadda ya mean, eclectic?
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

i think with 6 months tax,new mot, £750 be a fair price,
the car is in remarkable rust free condition, all the usual rust areas,around the windsreen,inside rear door shuts, front door pillars are rot free, i have Never had any welding done, ok, she has a few dings and sractches,but she's an honest original car,and the dings were not of my doing!!
As most of you know she's maroon in colour, with beige interior,No PAS! seats are good for age of car,certainly not split and torn! done about 206,000 KM,i have proberly done more miles on the continent than the uk! and has never been used as a daily car,
i will be very sad to this car go, so a good home is a must! any qustions, just ask!
Last edited by ren16tx on Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

180kms is about 113000 miles which is nowt.

I think thats a fair price considering, just needs a little TLC to be a real minter.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Rich
BXpert

Post by Rich »

Would that be the same GS that was forsale at the 2CVGB reg weekend?????
'86 2CV Dolly
'81 2CV 007 Drummer
'82 HY Shorty
'77 Smurf blue Ami8
'92 TZD Hurricane (keeping it safe for a mate)
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Rich wrote:Would that be the same GS that was forsale at the 2CVGB reg weekend?????
That'll be the one. Still for sale. I'd rather have the BX though...
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

the GS is in mortal danger! :shock: if not sold,it will go back to the chevronic centre where it well be broken for parts, as Rob can make more money in selling her parts (has a buyer already for her 4 doors) i pusuaded Rob to let me take the car on to sell in order to save her,as you can't brake up a rot free GS, alas, i can't afford / have space to take her (she's called Grace!) on myself,much as i like too! to restore a rusty GS to this condition woud certainly cost you alot more money,this will make a good car for someone! :wink:
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Hmmm. While I understand that a business ultimately has to make money, breaking a rust-free car seems to send out all the wrong messages! I really like that car, but just don't have the funds to save them all.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Chris, I would advertise the car on ebay, car and classic and even practical classic website. Im sure it will find a buyer.
Last edited by Tim Leech on Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

i've had the GS on ebay twice now costing me some £30 in ebay fees!,currently on "classics for sale", been in classic car weekly, and citroenian,
The "MK1 BX BUBBLE" must have burst! is no one inteested in my mk1 bx??
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Lob it on carandclassic.co.uk as that's free too. Also, the ads appear in Classic Car Buyer for double exposure. Problem is, a C-Matic is always going to be a real enthusiast's choice, so buyers are not going to be ten-a-penny.

As for your Mk1, same applies, but I can't help thinking that some pictures of it might help garner interest. Words only go so far!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I agree with Ian, do an ad with pics on here. And be prepared to consider offers over a certain amount (you don't have to accept them!). A LHD BX would be ideal for the Challenge, and I know someone considering taking part who is currently BX-less, so I'll have a word.

As for the GS, that's a difficult one. Price is high (not saying it isn't worth it!) and beyond the reach of many who'd want a classic Citroen who haven't already got one (a BX of course!) or a project or two underway.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

I suspect the fact that its lhd is putting off most people, wouldnt put me off :D
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

1975 Citroën GS c-matic pallas, mot/tax black, LHD £2000
and
As for the GS, that's a difficult one. Price is high (not saying it isn't worth it!) and beyond the reach of many who'd want a classic Citroën who haven't already got one (a BX of course!) or a project or two underway.
I had a look at this car at the GS rally this year, and apart from a couple of minor dings and an interior that is not to everyone's taste, it's about as good as you're going to get. There have been a couple of later GS saloons sell on Ebay in the last few weeks for not much less than this, which while in good condition, I'd be surprised if they were as good as this one.

Yes it's a C-matic, which is not to everyone's taste, and yes it's LHD, but remember that LHD means the fabulous cyclops dash, which you don't get on UK cars, and it will make a great continental tourer. GS's also represent good value for money when considered alongside other Citroens of the era, with most of the other models being both more common and more expensive to buy in top condition. That rarity also means that, like a MK1 BX, if you want one it's more a case of buying what you can find rather than shopping round for the right car.

I'm half way though the rolling rebuild of my own GS estate, which will have cost more than the purchase price of this car when finished, otherwise I may have been tempted myself. Because of their rarity, I count myself lucky to have aquired mine, despite the work I've had to do to it and the work still to be done. If anyone is thinking of entering GS ownership I'd advise them to give this car serious consideration.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!