Wheel trims for my Gti

Anything about BXs
Mr.Majestic
Confirmed BX'er

Wheel trims for my Gti

Post by Mr.Majestic »

It's completely my own fault as one of the first pieces of advice given to me on here was to tie the trim onto the wheel..... Driving down Crediton high street I slowed a little and notice a hub cap, my hub cap, wandering past me at 30mph before shooting off in another direction only to be lost forever. They are after market ones anyway, but the previous owner who chose them did a sterling job as they suit the car completely......I'm finding it impossible to find anything similarly retro, or indeed anything that suits the car. I dont want to stick ugly alloys on her, so I need some help!!!!

Cheers
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I hate to break it to you but those ARE the original and correct GTi ones :oops: (from looking at the pictures in previous threads) and are no longer available new, if it were me I would go back to where it pinged off and have a look for it! Chances of finding a spare may be hard! Although Phil Chidlow may be able to help?

Then buy some clear tie-wraps! :lol:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Mr.Majestic
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Mr.Majestic »

bummer. I couldnt find it when I went back, which is odd because they arent easy to loose!! I know the chap before me bought them just after he got the car, so I might have to track him down and find out how where he got hold of them. I've seen ZX 16v alloys on these gti's and they look really good..I don't like the BX alloys, but I do like some of the hub cap variations.

Spotted these...might do the job

http://stat.dealtime.com/DealFrame/Deal ... lnkId=&VK=

It's gonna be a good few days with Google coming up...
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

It may be worth buyin some aftermarket ones that you like, put the 3 others away for safe and if you come across a 4th (Citroen shows or ebay) you can make a full set back up.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....