BX 16RS Auto "D" reg for sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

BX 16RS Auto "D" reg for sale

Post by ren16tx »

i've known of this car for a few years now, but today i went to see the owner to pass on my details/ club info to find the BX had gone some weeks back!! :cry: left it with his local garage,so, on the off chance, i went to the garage, and its still there!!! :lol:
Ok, its an early MK2, on a "D" Reg,(Do you know how rare that is??!!) and is a petrol "16 RS AUTO", with towbar (think he had a small box trailer) 67,000 miles from new, car is in White, and has MOT!
Bad News! :oops:
rear suspension pipe has gone, so will need some re piping,how many, and which pipes im not sure, drivers seat need some tlc (owner was a big chap!) the sunroof must have leaked,so the surround has all been botched up and sealed,and looks dreadful, so that needs attention,Needs a good T Cut/polish!!
Rust wise, from what i can see, is very little, all door pillars ect are sound,and im told the underside is solid,
The BX is near Ringwood,Dorset, and they would accept £250 (i offered £200!) and could transport the car at cost,No tax (was cashed in!)
I'd be very tempted myself,but timing is bad for me for next few months, its certainly a car worth saving, i don't have any photos of the car im afraid (was not expecting the car to be for sale)
PM me for further details/contact details, if not sold, will proberly go on ebay shortly..................
chris
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Indeed a rare car, are they any 16RS automatics left? Not that I know of anyway.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

This chap was after a Petrol auto recently, I think he wanted a mint one but with that mileage and at that price he could buy this and make it mint with a little investment.

http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14912
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

According to "how many are there left" there is a grand total of "ONE"!!!!! none on sorn (this one has just had its taxed cashed in) so, if the site is correct, this is the ONLY 16 RS Auto left!!!!! Do you know how rare that is>>> :lol:
(im in contact with the other chap in regards of my dads bx auto)
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Any news on this one?
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

Garage being a bit harsh maybe? 250 quid, im sure they flippin' would accept it, as it would weigh in for about 170 ish i expect.

Obviously the original post is to be admired, all credit to chris for trying to re-home this one.

But, you know, they will have priced up his trade in purely on the basis of it going over the weigh bridge. Surely they would (if sensible) have just accepted the offered 200 and had it removed from their premesis.

Do i look at life too simply?
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Stinkwheel wrote:Garage being a bit harsh maybe? 250 quid, im sure they flippin' would accept it, as it would weigh in for about 170 ish i expect.

Obviously the original post is to be admired, all credit to chris for trying to re-home this one.

But, you know, they will have priced up his trade in purely on the basis of it going over the weigh bridge. Surely they would (if sensible) have just accepted the offered 200 and had it removed from their premesis.

Do i look at life too simply?
No mate, but you forget the green eyed monster of greed, which most garages seem to fall foul of. I expect that 16RS owes um nowt.
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

i need to call the garage very soon, to let them know im not having it the car, sadly! and have had no other interest,but credit must go to the garage for the fact they have no plans to scrap the car, as many garages, im sure, would have! they did turn down my £200 offer, which was just as well, as i don't have it!!! But don't forget, this car is still MOT'd! be great car for the bx challenge....!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

I would advise them to clean up, take some photos etc and im sure someone would go for it.
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

think,as its the "ONLY" 16rs auto left, you should have it Tim!!!! =D> hehehe