BX 1.7 td air inlet rubber pipes needed.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Turbo Killer
BXpert

BX 1.7 td air inlet rubber pipes needed.

Post by Turbo Killer »

I have been carrying out a service on my BX today and found i need two rubber pipes on the air inlet side, the oval rubber piece that connects to the air cleaner and the rubber bellows (concertina type) which is on the top left near the fuel filter as you look at the car from the front.
I new i had an air leak because the car was hunting slightly at idle, glad i found them :(
ruffgeezer
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ruffgeezer »

Probably an idea to tell us what engine this is for?
Turbo Killer
BXpert

Post by Turbo Killer »

It's in the subject title BX 1.7 td.
ruffgeezer
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ruffgeezer »

Ah so it is :oops: Get me a pic of what you mean, I think I took this off of paul's when I pulled the pressure regulator yesterday.
Turbo Killer
BXpert

Post by Turbo Killer »

It's OK no problem, i never seem to read titles either :oops:
I'll put up some pics tomorrow.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Not sure if this new one is what you are looking for? Although they may need replacing I doubt replacing them will have any effect on the running of your engine. It is only when you get air in the fuel lines that you will have running issues with this type of diesel. more modern ones sometimes do as they have air flow meters in the system but our old BX's don't. The engine would run the same if you removed the hoses all together.(although the air wouldn't be clean filtered)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-CITRO ... 254e6950fa
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Hi Kevan,
That rubber pipe in the /\ link is no good, as its for a N/A Diesel !
Turbo Killer BX has a 1.7 TZD :-

Kevan, /\ photo's from THIS thread (for ref.) :wink:
Turbo Killer wrote:It's OK no problem, i never seem to read titles either :oops:
I'll put up some pics tomorrow.

I hope it's okay with Tim (ruffgeezer) to use his engine bay photo of Paul's TXD TD (For ref. purpose) for the rubber pipes your requiring ?
Turbo Killer wrote:.............I need two rubber pipes on the air inlet side, the oval rubber piece that connects to the air cleaner......
That can easily be seen connecting from air box to the oval plastic cross-pipe, I don't have one of these available (IIRC I scrapped them all when I had a clear-out) !
Turbo Killer wrote:...... and the rubber bellows (concertina type) which is on the top left near the fuel filter as you look at the car from the front ..........
I think you got the description of that slightly wrong, I take that you really meant the Rubber Diesel Primer bulb ?

The rubber bellow air pipe which are a known common/problem to splitting with oil/age on the TD units and thus could allow un-filtered air into the inlet side of the air system (which goes thro' to the 'Cold side' of the turbo) so could cause damage to the turbo vanes if some crap got sucked in !

Also note that BOTH of these pipe items have be discontinued by the Citroen main dealers :evil: , further adding to the scarceness of much needed parts or even sourcing good used parts is making it more of a dilemma in keeping these old green blooded motor's on the road in GWO !

However I do have a good/used one of these rubber bellow type pipes available, PM sent !

:)

RxBX
Turbo Killer
BXpert

Post by Turbo Killer »

Defender110 wrote:Not sure if this new one is what you are looking for? Although they may need replacing I doubt replacing them will have any effect on the running of your engine. It is only when you get air in the fuel lines that you will have running issues with this type of diesel. more modern ones sometimes do as they have air flow meters in the system but our old BX's don't. The engine would run the same if you removed the hoses all together.(although the air wouldn't be clean filtered)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-Citro ... 254e6950fa
Technically you are correct, an air leak on this kind of diesel shouldn't make too much difference to the running, but after the service i taped up the split pipes and the idling is fine :shock:
Turbo Killer
BXpert

Post by Turbo Killer »

[/quote]
I think you got the description of that slightly wrong, I take that you really meant the Rubber Diesel Primer bulb ?
[/quote]

No i didn't mean the primer bulb, because my car doesn't have one :P It has the plunger on top of the fuel filter canister for priming.

The rubber bellows type pipe is well and truly knackered, the oval one is not too bad.
ruffgeezer
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ruffgeezer »

Well the pipework I have can be seen in the pic above, I'll check the condition tomorrow if you want.
Turbo Killer
BXpert

Post by Turbo Killer »

ruffgeezer wrote:Well the pipework I have can be seen in the pic above, I'll check the condition tomorrow if you want.
Yes please.
ruffgeezer
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ruffgeezer »

If it's these ones, I have them :)

Turbo Killer
BXpert

Post by Turbo Killer »

Cheers Ruffgeezer but RxBx has sorted me with the hose in the top of your pic, i still need the oval one, but its not as urgent as this one. Thanks for looking. Keep those hoses safe though I'm sure someone will need them soon enough!