BX Manual

Anything about BXs
Way2go
Over 2k

BX Manual

Post by Way2go »

I was in Halfords yesterday walking past an extensive range of Haynes Manuals on display but of course (& understandably) no longer the BX.

There was a sign saying that if your manual was not on the shelf they would order it for you. So as I had a few minutes to waste I looked through the Haynes catalogue attached to the display, out of curiosity, and saw that the BX is no longer available in their listing.

Strange that the BX should be discriminated against when they still offer manuals for the 2CV and AX? :( Perhaps they have been influenced by that website "How many Left"? :?
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: BX Manual

Post by Tim Leech »

Way2go wrote:I was in Halfords yesterday walking past an extensive range of Haynes Manuals on display but of course (& understandably) no longer the BX.

There was a sign saying that if your manual was not on the shelf they would order it for you. So as I had a few minutes to waste I looked through the Haynes catalogue attached to the display, out of curiosity, and saw that the BX is no longer available in their listing.

Strange that the BX should be discriminated against when they still offer manuals for the 2CV and AX? :( Perhaps they have been influenced by that website "How many Left"? :?
I went into a small automtove shop in Skegness last week and on the shelf was a new BX haynes manual, which I imagine had been there for a wee while!.

Theres no point printing them now with so few left, in fact judging by the amount of manuals for sale on ebay theres probably more books than cars! :lol:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

I found this out when i bought the valver. Rang Haynes directly and bod on phone said "Citroen BX not heard of those just let me check" 2 minutes bod came back on phone"not been available for some time" :!:
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
rmattila
BXpert

Post by rmattila »

Haynes is good, and every BX owner should have one; if not available any more as an original version, I don't see it as a great sin to use a bootleg one found in several locations around the Net.

Still, the good people at Haynes have dismantled the car maybe a few times, and probably not found out the optimal way to perform each task. We, on the other hand, have experience of thousands of repetitions of each operation, and it usually makes sense to take notes (and pictures) when having fun with the car, so I think we have a chance to do even better than Haynes, if we have the patience to make the slight extra effort needed in documenting our own maintenance operations and sharing experience by ruthlessly criticizing each others' versions of the instructions.
Speechless quad lying flat on his bed, communicating by moving eyes.
BX Van 1.9D -90 Gone.
BX Van 16S -90 For sale.
BX Van 1.9D -90 (Earned!) Gone.
BX Break 1.9D -90 (officially a "5 seat van" since 2005) Waiting to be towed to a new home.
Willy
BXpert

Post by Willy »

There are so many for so little money on ebay that I have two - one "clean" and one "dirty".

Just look at the Haynes online catalogue, practically none of the BL cars have manuals for sale anymore either.

It'll be interesting to see if they bring into print manuals for brand news cars that can literally not be serviced at home such as Fiat 500, etc.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

I had a "what go's around comes around " experience with my manual ,
sold it in 1997 when I sold my TRS , went to pick one up advertised in free ads when I bought the valver and unbelievably it was my old manual.

I had moved from west London to Milton Keynes between selling it and getting it back as well ,
and guess what ,
this time I have kept it.
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Gibbo2286
BXpert

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I gave away on Freecycle ninety Haynes manuals recently, everything from Alfa to Yugo, most had had a run on Ebay on their free listing days and never got a bid including a couple of BX and Citroen diesel engine books.

The lady who collected them is trying without any luck so far to car boot them.

I've still got one BX petrol manual and a Subaru 1600/1800 if anyone wants to pay the postage.
ruffgeezer
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ruffgeezer »

I've a bx workshop manual here, it's well used but complete.
themildbunch
BXpert

Post by themildbunch »

If you have the factory one I'd be interested.. got about 4 Haynes of different vintages but the official ones are always good for more detail and reference.
1988 BX 19 Gti 16v
1991 BX 17 TZD Estate
1991 BX 17 TZD Estate
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

There is one listed on ebay as ''very rare now'' with another 14 listed below it on the same page :lol:
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
bx petrol auto saloon
BXpert
My Cars: Citroens SAABs and Vauxhalls

MANUAL.

Post by bx petrol auto saloon »

Dear Way 2 go.
That will be because they will BX STINCT ! :roll:
Vince.

1!
Passion Hydropneumatic Citroen,s

Cars;- 1993 White Citroen BX 1.6 TXi petrol
saloon auto with air-con & ABS.
47,594 Miles from new.
Owned for 3 years sorned.
1988 Silver SAAB 900i 2.0 8v F/lift,
saloon 5sp with 3 spoke Ronals,
69,000 Miles from new.
Owned for 15 years T & T.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

You can download it for free in a PDF on Google :D
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)