As seen on the Freeads website

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
mikesg
Good Old boy

As seen on the Freeads website

Post by mikesg »

Saw this on Freeads just now. I didn't think they made 'em that late. I'm trying to get more info, just as a matter of interest of course.

1995 M reg CITROEN BX 96,000 miles
Citroen Placed: 14th Jul | Location: Herne Bay
1995 M reg CITROEN BX 96,000 miles Manual Petrol Good clean car has been in family for 9 years and looked after. (Previous owner a friend)Very roomy inside as estate with back seats folding down flat making it very versatile !
alternate e-mail
£350.00 or reasonable offer
I do not accept Western Union, MoneyGram, overseas cashiers cheque or shipping with refunds. Call Skater on 07096 603116
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

they went on making estates for a while - but this one must be one of the last. Its probably got a steel bonnet and may have a few strange bits as they were made from what was available. There's even a rumour that one or two 1.9 turbos were made as the 1.7 turbo engine was out of production but no-one's ever seen one! Just after I got my 1.7TD in 1999 I did see an advert for one for sale with a trader in the Bournemouth area and he went to great and otherwise unnecessary length about this being a 1.9. I rather think he was genuine as the price was about normal for a good one.

jeremy
AndersDK
BXpert

Post by AndersDK »

Mine is registered as a 19TRD - being a genuine 17turbo (engine code A8A - 7TE).
I've even seen a few adds on 19turbo diesel - with engine code specifically mentioned as A8A 8)
C U / Anders - '90red16riBreak - '91GrisDolment16meteor - Project'88red19trsBreak
dead cars : '89white 16RS - '89antrasitTRDturboEst - '90white19triBreak
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

There were a few in the UK that hung around unregistered in the dealers for a while - all the more likely if they were petrol rather than diesel. Thin RP number - if you can obtain it from the seller - will give you the date of manufacture, as opposed to the date of registration.