Parcel shelf

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Neil1

Parcel shelf

Post by Neil1 »

Hi all,

Someone broke into my BX at the weekend (outside my flat!). I'm convinced that it was because they saw the parcel shelf sagging, having been overloaded by the previous owner, and could see a plastic bag in the boot which they thought contained something valuable.

I was wondering if anyone had a parcel shelf available for a 1988 BX 16RE at a reasonable price? Preferably grey, but I'll consider any colour provided it's sound.

Thanks!

Best wishes from Neil
Best wishes from Neil
themildbunch
BXpert

Post by themildbunch »

Ba******!

I had both my older bx's broken into years ago... foot on the door and bent the frame back... police actually got them from a trainer match!

Can't help you with the parcel shelf but I'm sure one will turn up...
1988 BX 19 Gti 16v
1991 BX 17 TZD Estate
1991 BX 17 TZD Estate
RxBX
Over 2k

Re: Parcel shelf

Post by RxBX »

Neil1 wrote:Hi all,

Someone broke into my BX at the weekend (outside my flat!). I'm convinced that it was because they saw the parcel shelf sagging, having been overloaded by the previous owner, and could see a plastic bag in the boot which they thought contained something valuable.

I was wondering if anyone had a parcel shelf available for a 1988 BX 16RE at a reasonable price? Preferably grey, but I'll consider any colour provided it's sound.

Thanks!

Best wishes from Neil
Hi Neil ans sorry to hear of you troubles even with an old Citroen BX their can't keep the hands off :twisted:

Anyhow, I have one in Grey but the sun has faded it a lighter shade between the roller blinds and the outer edge towards the rear of the hatch as it had the blinds up most of the time whilst the car stood/stored outside, also its from a bench seat type model (Not the 60/40 configuration), as they are different and I'm not sure which your model/type may be ?

Please confirm model/type and if its suitable ?

Cheers

:)

RxBX
Neil1

Parcel shelf

Post by Neil1 »

Hi there,

Many thanks for the sympathy on the break-in and for your messages!

RxBx - I'm unsure that it is suitable. My parcel shelf doesn't have the roller blinds, so it sounds to me as if that could be for a later car. Does anyone know if this shelf would be suitable for a 1988 16 RE?

Best wishes from Neil
Best wishes from Neil
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Hi Neil, All I need to know is if you BX has the bench rear type seat or the 60/40 split type, and then we can go from there ?

PM sent !

:)