My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Looking good, not sure about the Vietnam sticker though! :lol:

So Chris you are BX'less now! :shock:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Bugger me,

just went to Lenco's, local motor factor in Tun Wells and they had an air filter for a Mk 1 BX!!! The proper sort with the reuseable foam. Cost me a little under 19 quid but very glad to get one. Box a bit dusty as they have had it a while but worth it just to find one.

The Vietnam stickers will be removed shortly, Chris, the previous owner told me he would have taken her there is he could have.

Will do all the filters this pm, even managed to get a MK 1 fuel filter in a box of bits i bought on feebay recently.

As for the img markers on my pics, ime so pleased to actually show something on the forum that ime not worried, too complex for me to remove them for the moment.

Andy
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Here's a piccy of the dash.

[img][img]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd12 ... re1455.jpg[/img][/img]
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Ace! :D
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Another one with more detail of the binacle and indicators.

[img][img]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd12 ... re1459.jpg[/img][/img]
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

A bit more of the interior.

Done the oil and filter this pm, will do the fuel filter at the w/end and remove the rad and backwash as well.

Andy[img][img]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd12 ... re1460.jpg[/img][/img]
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Looks very period, I think it will clean up well!
sdelasal
BXpert

Post by sdelasal »

is that carpet I see, on the underside of the dashboard?
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

sdelasal wrote:is that carpet I see, on the underside of the dashboard?
Indeed the "tres riche" models had carpet. 8)
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Here's a better pic of the 'carpet'.
Andy[img][img]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd12 ... re1456.jpg[/img][/img]
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I've got some brown dash parts, switches etc. somewhere if anything's not working but it does like it's all in good order. Chris drove it all over the place so it's not as though it's been sat neglected.
I remember when that bonnet was fitted in Godmanchester at the CCC meeting .. 2007? Before that it had a grey one I think.
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

ARRrr ,Happy days!! Sophie, i think is safe to say, did more miles with me on the continent, than in the UK!! even 3 weeks ago she was in France at a big citroen gathering!
i've driven her to France, Belgium,Holland, Luxenburg,Germany,Czech,linchinstein, Italy (rome & pompaii) Switzs, and the only brake down,if you can call it that,was the alternator packing up, just before the Mont Blanc tunnel!!! but we got to Lyon and replaced alternator at a fab scrapyard we know!
i did have it in mind to take her out to Vietnam......have to be the Renault 16 tx now!! as for the vietnam sticker -- you know how rare that is on a uk car!!!!! hehehe 8)
I will miss sophie, but i know she's in good hands,and maybe i'll have her back sometime in the future!! :roll: :lol:
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
KevR
1K Away
My Cars: It's all in my signature

Post by KevR »

Roverman wrote:
Grenman wrote:Tim,

would a Mk 2 oil filter fit ok?

Andy
Hi Andy

Yes the XU engined cars had the same oil filter all through production life.
Originally Purflux LS468A (same as on lots of other cits) but that was superceded some time in the last ten years or so by the (smaller diameter) LS867B which is what you'll get these days.
1990 BX TZD Estate ('the grey one', 1991 BX TZD Estate ('the white one'), 1982 2CV6 Charleston (in bits), 1972 AZU Serie B (2CV van), 1974 HY72 Camper, 1990 Land Rover 110 diesel LWB, 1957 Mobylette AV76, 1992 Ducati 400SS, 1966 VW Beetle, 1990 Mazda MX-5, 1996 Peugeot 106D, 1974 JCB 2D MkII, 1997 BMW R1100RS, 1987 Suzuki GSX-R1100, 1978 Honda CX500A, 1965 Motobecane Cady, 1988 Honda Bros/Africa Twin, 1963 Massey Ferguson 825, and a lot of bicycles!
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Grenman wrote:Here's a better pic of the 'carpet'.
Do you have a pic of the mysterious red button mentioned? :?
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

No 'Red' button to be found bud. Maybe only on Estates.

Andy