Citroen BX 14 Preview for sale, only 40K on clock

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Jude25

Post by Jude25 »

Roverman wrote:I think you shoudl get it MOT'ed and you will have no problems selling it.
Ideally Roverman I would, problem is I'm skint which is one of the reasons for selling. I don't know how I could sort that without it costing more than I can afford.
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

I have sent you a private message jude :)
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Jude25 wrote:
Roverman wrote:I think you shoudl get it MOT'ed and you will have no problems selling it.
Ideally Roverman I would, problem is I'm skint which is one of the reasons for selling. I don't know how I could sort that without it costing more than I can afford.
It would be £40 well spend in my opinion, even if it fails people will know what needs doing, where at the moment its all a bit unknown. You may be surprised, if its been well maintained and ina nice dry garage it may fly through.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Jude25

Post by Jude25 »

Roverman wrote:
Jude25 wrote:
It would be £40 well spend in my opinion, even if it fails people will know what needs doing, where at the moment its all a bit unknown. You may be surprised, if its been well maintained and ina nice dry garage it may fly through.
I'm not worried it wouldn't get through, I'm confident about that, it's just it's on a sorn so would have to tax and insure in order to get it to garage.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

You wouldn't have to tax it (you wouldn't be able to without an MOT anyway!) but as you say, it would need to be insured. http://www.dayinsure.com may be able to help with temporary insurance, but in the past I've found it cheaper and easier to temporarily add another vehicle onto an existing policy. Typical cost for me ~£25 but will depend on your insurer.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Jude25

Post by Jude25 »

Thanks for that Mat, I'll bear it in mind
scooters
Confirmed BX'er

Post by scooters »

that is very nice Jude -

I just bought Marks 16 Meteor or I would be all over that - low spec special edition rare as mustard as well...

have you thought about advertising it on Retro Rides? BX's do sell on there and it is a very broad church - I never post general chat as it seems to be the OMG DRIFT CAR SLAMM IT BOYZ but the for sale section is always an iteresting read and a decent market for rare/interesting cars.

www.carandclassic.co.uk is another decent site -

have you given any thought to price?

I'll ask around my contacts as well -

aye

rich
1991 BX16 TGS Meteor (arriving soon)
1996 306 TD
1997 Subaru Legacy 2.5 Quadcam
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Charlotte is after a BX. I'll point her in this direction.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I still think getting an MOT is the way to go, it will make the car MUCH more saleable. Ok it may cost £65 for the day insure and MOT cost but yu will easily get that back and more with a fresh "ticket"
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Jude25

Post by Jude25 »

Thanks for the advice guys, esp Rich, I'll check those sites out - cheers
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Re: Citroën BX 14 Preview for sale, only 40K on clock

Post by Defender110 »

Jude25 wrote: I have decided that it is not a practical family car (I have a young daughter now)
:?: What would be a more practical family car :?:
If you actually got your local mechanic to get this back on the road for you it would make a perfect family car. You will be suprised how good they are, cheap & reliable when used regularly with zero depreciation and you already own it so no further outlay leaving you to spend all your hard earned entirely on your other family needs!
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.