BX19 TXD

Anything about BXs
kiwi
Over 2k

BX19 TXD

Post by kiwi »

Probably should be in the technical side and since I know from reading Mulley has/had one of these hoping some experiance can play in. :)

The TXD does not have the open door warning console. Now the question is is their a wiring loom hidden behind the panel somewhere that makes wiring in a panel easy?

This is a UK spec model well it spent 3 years in wiltshire running around, so should make the answer of this question more easier.
1991 BX19 TZS 04/01/91 (Deceased)
1990 BX19 TRS 27/10/89 (Reborn)
1992 BX19 TXD (Ex UK - K 744 SDF) 15/06/92
1990 BX19 TZS Auto 06/11/1989
1992 BX TZD Turbo Estate (Ex UK) 1/07/91
RxBX
Over 2k

Re: BX19 TXD

Post by RxBX »

kiwi wrote:Probably should be in the technical side and since I know from reading Mulley has/had one of these hoping some experiance can play in. :)

The TXD does not have the open door warning console. Now the question is is their a wiring loom hidden behind the panel somewhere that makes wiring in a panel easy?

This is a UK spec model well it spent 3 years in wiltshire running around, so should make the answer of this question more easier.
I cannot answer that question for you specifically, but IIRC the models with this feature/spec. has an additional electrical switch on the door lock mechanisms so you'll need four new door locks with that additional feature plus an additional one for the rear hatch/tailgate lock too and possibly one for the bonnet if that had an 'Open' warning light (as I cannot remember for sure) !

But I suppose you could just use a new set of installed switches in the appropriate positions (Similar to door/interior light switches) to avoid all the cost/hassle of new door locks etc. !

Best of luck !

:)

Last edited by RxBX on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

I would just make sure you shut the door properly every time you get in it. An easy thing to do bud, saves worrying about red lights on a console.

Andy
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

No there isn't.

There are also extra set of wires and contacts on the doors for this feature.
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Grenman wrote:I would just make sure you shut the door properly every time you get in it. An easy thing to do bud, saves worrying about red lights on a console.

Andy
I like my gadgets also makes it easier when others get in the car to say "hey close the door properly" and when the answer comes back "I have" to then be able to say no you have not :lol:
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

ken newbold wrote:No there isn't.

There are also extra set of wires and contacts on the doors for this feature.
Thanks Ken it was one those wild thoughts. If and when I get around to it I was considering transfering bits from the 19TRS to this vehicle. One of those projects rather than leting stuff go to waste.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

kiwi wrote:
Grenman wrote:I would just make sure you shut the door properly every time you get in it. An easy thing to do bud, saves worrying about red lights on a console.

Andy
I like my gadgets also makes it easier when others get in the car to say "hey close the door properly" and when the answer comes back "I have" to then be able to say no you have not :lol:
The art of conversation lives on :lol:
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

ken newbold wrote:
kiwi wrote:

Andy
The art of conversation lives on :lol:
I do sympathise with 'Kiwi'. Everytime I give someone a lift, before we drive off I make a point of saying; 'Just a moment, I will need to check that you have correctly closed the door. Excuse me while I observe this small warning panel here in the dashboard. It will inform me as to whether the aforementioned door is indeed secure. Thank you. The absence of a red warning light informs me that it is indeed closed and consequently it is now safe for us to proceed on our journey,' :D

No one seems to want a lift that often :shock: You can't have too may lights in my opinion - except when they stop working of course :cry:
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

I have always found that when a car door is open slightly i.e not latched properly but still shut there is a bit more noise from the outside,a rattle thats annoying,a few bangs and thumps, and to ensure that the art of coversation isnt dead, forgotten or just not bothered with a bloody great yell of 'SHUT THAT BLOODY DOOR YOU TWAT' has always worked so far for me. I think you have all become a bit to soft re driving motors, try one from the 1940s or earlier, bugger all by way of electrics but they still got driven well with their doors shut.
I dont need warning signs or glowing bits on the dash to drive my BXs, just keep 'calm and carry on'.

Andy
Des Smith
1K Away

Post by Des Smith »

I don't like too many warning lights in my BX. The last one I saw came on shortly after the head gasket went and the engine boiled over on the Bayswater Road. Too little and sadly too late to do owt about it. (If I could make one mod to the 14, it would be a temperature gauge.)

On topic, if the passenger door's open, it'll eventually become apparent when the draught/noise/rain comes in or the passenger falls out. At that point, you can toss a suitably ascerbic comment down the road about taking more care next time. As my dear old mum used to say, "If you can't listen, you have to feel..."

:lol:
BX14TE St Tropez 1990 - now sold
Xsara Forte 1.4i 2000
Kawasaki GPz550A4 1987
Brian
BXpert

Post by Brian »

Des Smith wrote:
(If I could make one mod to the 14, it would be a temperature gauge)

I have been using a LM35 chip, some wiring, a cheap multimeter and a PP3 battery to provide a digital indication of the head temperature for about 3 years now, on both of my BX's.
Proved to be very reliable.

Chips available from RS, download the spec sheet to see circuit requirements.

If enough interest I will take some photos of the installation.
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

:roll:

Oh Boy!

Ask a question of being able to spec mod a vehicle and you get the nutters in who dont like the idea and tell you you dont need of should not do it.

:roll:

So glad I do not listen to those people or I would not be a BX owner anymore either
Des Smith
1K Away

Post by Des Smith »

Brian wrote:I have been using a LM35 chip, some wiring, a cheap multimeter and a PP3 battery to provide a digital indication of the head temperature for about 3 years now, on both of my BX's.
Proved to be very reliable.
Thanks for the offer Brian. Someone (Tim or Ian Fearn?) swapped the warning light for a gauge on the 16TXS I had for a while and this looked 'standard'. I have to say I would prefer a 'genuine' Citroen instrument in the pod than something that looks out of place. Could you post a picture of your temp display in situ? It would give me an idea of what it looked like...

Kiwi, don't get the hump! Some people like me are still of a Luddite disposition and can't be bothered with the whistles and bells. If you want to upgrade or modify your car, crack on.

But IMHO, the simpler an old car is, the less there is to go wrong and have to replace. Hence, the BX14 is ideal - no PAS, no air-con, no electric windows and no central locking. It can be less than luxurious at times but it doesn't half simplify life...

Oh, yes, I can still load as many gallons of wine in the boot as any modern spec car. 8)
BX14TE St Tropez 1990 - now sold
Xsara Forte 1.4i 2000
Kawasaki GPz550A4 1987
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Gidday Des,

Your pretty new here so would not know how long I have been a BX owner (over 20 years now) let alone that I have a heap of parts from a disassembled 16RS which rather than go to waste I would rather use.

It is not really about modifying it is about using what is in place and making it work plus making sure that I dont take on something thats not going to work.

I do get annoyed though when trying to find the relevant information out to have someone posting pratal not relevant to the search for information, and subsequently not get answers from those more experianced than yourself.

If you want to discuss this further then please feel free to PM.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Patronising fekker aint ya!!