citron bx 1.9 dtr d reg 50.000 miles all 23 mots

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
CGATCX25GTITURBO
BXpert

Post by CGATCX25GTITURBO »

If I make it too nice I won't use it everyday :) It even lives outside
while the CX gets the garage

the CX does shine too

missing my 1992 BX19TGD
1987 BX19 GTI 8)
CX25 GTI TURBO CGAT 86 CGAT :twisted:
19TD temp 2 Xantia estate :)
600 Bandit 97 :)
ZX12R 00 :evil:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

anaconda wrote:
docchevron wrote:x3 :?

Im not really sure what this is supposed to suggest.

If ive misinterpreted others comments then thats regrettable or if theres an 'in joke' between the OP and others then likewise.

Comments like these about someones intelligence or use of english are sneering and pointless.
Fair enough but if the vendor says they're a car enthusiast (or however it was worded) and can't even spell Citroen correctly it's not a good sign.

If you look at it like a lot of people on eBay would it would indicate the seller can't even be arsed to go out and read the badge on the boot to see the correct spelling. Sorry but most people who advertise like this are usually (but not always) the sort of people who you don't want to buy off. If they can't be bothered trying to find out how to spell the name of the car than they probably couldn't be arsed to look after it properly.
Vauxhall apologist.
sub777w
Confirmed BX'er

Post by sub777w »

Roverman wrote:If you wanted a sorted MK2 early BX then this IS the one to buy!!!, ive been in regular contact with Tim about this car and seen the pictures this is a 19DTR Mk2, but an early one, I know of ONE other, but thats done 220,000 miles and is very tired.
hi tim ive sorted advert out thanks for your advice.
1993 1.7 tzd red
1986 1.9 dtr white
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Roverman wrote:
Way2go wrote:
Paul296 wrote:It's not difficult to tell a car that's been cherished from one that hasn't - even I can do it!
Can you? This car was bought as a scrapper last year and the seller has history in buying and selling cars!

It's quite unreal to sprinkle this fairy dust over what is a car presumably just bought to turn a profit. Cherished it aint! :roll:
Way2go you really do always look on the black side of everything, nothings worth the asking price and everyones a crook and out to make a quick buck, you do wind me up!!!

Quite right Tim bought the car as an MOT failure a short while back but it needed very little, but since then an awful lot time and money has gone it to making it good, having the wheels refurbed, and the sills painted, having the 1/4 windows made up etc etc, but its not getting used now and its time to move it on, instead of having sat gathering dust, he does work at a garage and buys and sells a few cars but so what?

To say its not cherished is total crap, you dont know the seller, nor much about the car, so I think ill informed judgemental posts against a BX enthusiast are very unfair.. (god knows Ive had enough of them)

Whether its worth a grand, maybe?, maybe not, but at that price it will detract those just after a cheap reliable old snotter to use during the winter. I for one would be delighted to give it a home and finish of the small cosmetics.
What an odious post by you Roverman! If you get wound up by the truth then it's time you got a reality check. There hasn't been a bigger scrounger on this site of free cars, car parts and whack em on ebay etc than you and then you have the brass neck to hurl stones at Richard for his dealings on BX's.

You have the arrogance to proclaim a BX is worth a grand on a whim then get arsy when people disagree for good reason. And for your information I rarely comment on values or have accused anyone of being a crook so you're in error again there.

I'm not a dealer just a BX owning enthusiast just like many on this site and I remain loyal to my 3rd and longest term BX so you won't see that on sale here or Ebay any time soon! We are who BXC was set up to help through mutual help when needed, not to be targetted for the buying and selling of cars as a semi-commercial practice! No one would have taken issue with the OP either had it not been for you egging him on and fair play to him, he appears to have taken everybody's astonished comments in a calmer way than you.

Anyway I shall continue to post facts and my points on a matter in this forum despite your attempts to shout me down. I've as much right to make posts on this forum as you have and in this instance at least my points are more valid than your dealer hype!
1991 BX19GTi Auto
bxzx16v
BXpert

Post by bxzx16v »

Cxgtiturbo , I don't suppose you have any pics of your Golf Gti it sounds a beauty , by the way I love that Cx :D

Mark [/i]
CGATCX25GTITURBO
BXpert

bxzx16v wrote:Cxgtiturbo , I don't suppose you have any pics of your Golf Gti it sounds a beauty , by the way I love that Cx :D

Mark [/i]
Sadly... but not for me :) the 1987 GTI 8V is a BX not a golf
missing my 1992 BX19TGD
1987 BX19 GTI 8)
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Yawn, here we go again, Cant be arse to defend myself way2go not that your opinion of me matters, Think what you like! :wink:

Adverts much better now, new pics will be taken soon with wheel trims and bumper inserts fitted to finish her off.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

CGATCX25GTITURBO wrote:If I make it too nice I won't use it everyday :)
Thats always been my exscuse :lol: I hate polishing cars, so tedious :(
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Roverman wrote:Adverts much better now, new pics will be taken soon with wheel trims and bumper inserts fitted to finish her off.
Yes, certainly is; he stands a chance of getting some interest now.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

To confirm the reason for the removal of the engine was to sort out a small oil leak at the back of the engine which was a lsight weep from the headgasket, so with that plus a cambelt and a clutch change it was just as easy to take the engine/box out in one. As he owns his own garage and has all the equipment and time needed I dont blame him.

Head skimmed, new gasket, head bolts, clutch, cambelt and waterpump fitted.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

bxzx16v wrote:Cxgtiturbo , I don't suppose you have any pics of your Golf Gti it sounds a beauty , by the way I love that Cx :D

Mark [/i]
If its an 80's 8 valve golf you want, perhaps moi can be of assistance

I know , any excuse, but she's coming up to a year in my ownership now, still doing over 2,000 miles a month yes that 24,000 in the last year
and apart from the idle valve needing cleaning out has been 100% reliable
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
bxzx16v
BXpert

Post by bxzx16v »

^^^ Very nice ^^^ . Sorry Cxgtiturbo , that must be a very nice Bx Gti you have , I'll defo love pics on that :D

Mark
CGATCX25GTITURBO
BXpert

oh no, now I've got the Golf flash backs 'digital dash failure' screwed door handles
has yours got the steel reinforcement plates :)
missing my 1992 BX19TGD
1987 BX19 GTI 8)
anaconda
BXpert

Post by anaconda »

My camper's got a MK 2 Golf diesel engine in it.........if anyones interested! :oops:
1991 BX TGD Saloon
1990 VW T25 Camper. Currently on sabbatical
CGATCX25GTITURBO
BXpert

whats the 2 wheeler next to the Golf?

I have a few bikes :)

missing my 1992 BX19TGD
1987 BX19 GTI 8)