Eternal Optimist Seeks Reliable Runner

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
M

Eternal Optimist Seeks Reliable Runner

Post by M »

Frankly I dont care what it is so long as it starts, stops and copes with 500 miles a week without something breaking, dropping off or going "Fring!". Im bending mr flexible friend again.

Suggestions please. (Round about the £1000 ish mark).

And for those who have asked - no im not about to leave the BXClub, I have too many stickers for one! The moral of this story - dont buy off eBay! :roll:
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

ZX TD? Or is another Cit a bad place to go :roll:
M

Post by M »

Mr B wrote:ZX TD? Or is another Cit a bad place to go :roll:
No another Cit isnt a bad place to go - I rather enjoyed my ZX even though it was the n/a version.
Bloke with estate to spare wrote: How about a BX estate?
Hmmmmm :roll:
You have met the wife havent you?
M

Post by M »

Spent all morning looking at bloody cars - all overpriced or shite or both.

Sick to the back teeth of it already. Nearly bought an N plate Proton just to get me about - but was pipped to the post by a genuine grey haired old bloke in a cloth cap and hairs sprouting out of his nose (I kid you not).

Some may say its a lucky escape - but I need a car for Monday :?
Bugger.
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Marty wrote:Nearly bought an N plate Proton just to get me about -
Some may say its a lucky escape - but I need a car for Monday :?
Bugger.
Nooooooooooo! Not Pacific rim crap, pleeeeese :x :shock: :x :shock: :x :shock:

Act in haste, repent in pleasure.........
1991 Landrover Discovery
1995 VW Golf SE
M

Post by M »

Getting desparate for some wheels now.
Spent the evening in BLackburn, Darwn & Bolton - the only two to light my fire were an N plate ZX TD which looked a bit too rough for the money and a L plate Sunny 2.0D - which was again too much money.

The vendors of course thought otherwise (Both on at £1300).
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Are you after anything in particular? I know lots of people round here in the business and can ask about if that would help. I usually have a couple for sale myself but I haven`t bothered recently.
M

Post by M »

Four wheels and an engine - stops starts and preferably doesnt make any odd noises.
If its petrol its got to be less than 1.5L or otherwise a diesel.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I`ll put the word around for you and let you know as soon as. The bloke I know selling the BX t/d usually has a few cars for sale I`ll give him a call and see what he has. I`ll p.m you if anything turns up.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Guess you need tax and MOT on it too?

I know a metro in bury that needs a few bits (suspension pump up is the worst), but it has no MOT or tax! Will sail through the MOT as it only needs like two bits doing! Ran very happily on 18month old diesel too! It's a 1.5D PSA engine!

The bits it needs to pass are rear tail light bulb, headlight stalk (doing that age old thing of not putting full beam on as the stalk burns out and frys the electrics), air filter, new tyres. I have a set of 5 brand new wet weather tyres for it! so all in all it needs naff all doing to it!

It has no radio nor aerial. And im not sure if the v5 has turned up yet so i dont know how that affects the buying of tax?

It's available to take right now, probably free but on the premise that once your done with it, if it's still alive than it needs taking back!

Other cars, hmm, i know a BX16v ph1 going for £250 taxed till end of august, MOT till i think october, needs an ignition barrel!

What happened to the AX? Is the BX still taxed? i know she wont like the idea but we could get the electrics fixed today as a temp till you find something else?
M

Post by M »

Metro Buff wrote:Guess you need tax and MOT on it too?
The bits it needs to pass are rear tail light bulb, headlight stalk (doing that age old thing of not putting full beam on as the stalk burns out and frys the electrics), air filter, new tyres. I have a set of 5 brand new wet weather tyres for it! so all in all it needs naff all doing to it!
Even that is too much Vanny - Im doing upwards of 60 miles a day day in day out and just need to be able to jump into something and go - I also need it soon and the wife wont take too kindly to another car on the driveway "resting" whilst I find time to do the work
BXFanatic wrote:Other cars, hmm, i know a BX16v ph1 going for £250 taxed till end of august, MOT till i think october, needs an ignition barrel!

Again wife wont take to kindly to another BX so soon, otherwise I would have taken that 1.4 with 40K on the clock for £250 with its 12 month MOT.
I like parched Peas wrote:What happened to the AX? Is the BX still taxed? i know she wont like the idea but we could get the electrics fixed today as a temp till you find something else?
AX suffering from:
Bilateral buggered driveshafts - just ask Mr. B - he was killing himself on the little ride.
Colapsed rear bearings
Knackered alternator
Twisted front end (which makes replacing the driveshafts a waste of time).

BX no longer taxed (sent it back) and is currently keeping Mr. B company in the evening whilst it piddles diesel all over. Dave is robing the engine for his car.

I never thought I would say this but.... Im pig sick of looking at bloody cars. :x
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

There must be something on eBay close by? If you find something that looks the part you can always `cheat` and get in there first :wink:
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Well im back to work tomorrow, though hopefully not for too many hours!

If you need help looking for cars then i'm happy to play dumb driver to bring something home for you! I'll keep my spuds peeled, there are always loads of cars forsale round here, but as you can imagine you might not want a lot of them!

What you gonna go with the AX? If your gonna scrap it i might have some parts off it, or better still take it away and strip it under the cover of darkness! (dont think rents would be to happy about me stripping ANOTHER car to be stored in the garage!). Shame its not taheti green (metalic blue) or i'd buy it for body panels!
M

Post by M »

Vanny wrote:If you need help looking for cars then i'm happy to play dumb driver to bring something home for you! I'll keep my spuds peeled, there are always loads of cars forsale round here, but as you can imagine you might not want a lot of them!
What you gonna go with the AX? If your gonna scrap it i might have some parts off it, or better still take it away and strip it under the cover of darkness!
Cheers.
Looking at another 1.9D Clio tomorrow, will need a cam belt and not done one on one of these before so no idea what Im taking on.
The plan with the AX was to lump it on eBay and sell it as spares / repairs. Sadly its Emerald green (mostly) and a 3 door rather than 5 door. Still you are welcome to swap bits over if you like.