Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

If you have a set then HANG on to them! :wink:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Kitch wrote:Like I said mate, it's just my opinion. Don't get offended by it!
Not at all bud,

only get pissed off by those that take the piss and all the comments i have seen from you have been heartfelt and truly worthy of comment.

Keep em coming.

Andy
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Roverman wrote:If you have a set then HANG on to them! :wink:
Ok Tim, i thought some one would say this [you] and i probably will as i dont think they will fit the TGD. Going to look at it tomorrow.
More concerned about getting Sophie better though.

Andy
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Grenman wrote:
Roverman wrote:If you have a set then HANG on to them! :wink:
Ok Tim, i thought some one would say this [you] and i probably will as i dont think they will fit the TGD. Going to look at it tomorrow.
More concerned about getting Sophie better though.

Andy
The front mudflaps are pretty much the same on all models (except 16v) and you can normally adapt them to fit.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Grenman wrote:
Kitch wrote:Like I said mate, it\'s just my opinion. Don\'t get offended by it!
Not at all bud,

only get pissed off by those that take the piss and all the comments i have seen from you have been heartfelt and truly worthy of comment.

Keep em coming.

Andy
Don\'t ever let other people\'s opinions piss you off - you won\'t last 5mins in BX ownership!
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

As i have time on my hands tomorrow, decided not to work as its my birthday and weather looking ok, i might try and fit them to the TGS and put the rear ones onto the TGD.

Still dying to drive Sophie but lets hope i can sort her soon.

Andy
anaconda
BXpert

Post by anaconda »

Just love seeing fresh pics of cars when people have got stuck into them. Indeed the added on bits are a question of personal pref, but whatever, this looks fantastic.

.....and its white! Kudos

:D
1991 BX TGD Saloon
1990 VW T25 Camper. Currently on sabbatical
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

[Don't ever let other people's opinions piss you off - you won't last 5mins in BX ownership![/quote]

Had one in the family since 1985, got a thick skin too and this forum is far too valuable to probably the both of us to let such silliness get in the way.

Mind you there's a few snotty antipodeans about [wow what comment that will get?].

Anyway, this is a forum where i hope such problems can be overcome. I am not a real mechanic but if Sophie needs real medical help, ile have her engine out and sorted, hopefully with a lot of help from guys such as yourself.

Andy
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

anaconda wrote:Just love seeing fresh pics of cars when people have got stuck into them. Indeed the added on bits are a question of personal pref, but whatever, this looks fantastic.

.....and its white! Kudos

:D
There were only 3 faults when i got her, a dodgy up/down drivers side window switch, inside tailgate light being loose[bracket broken] and a slightly damaged near side rear view mirror, all replaced from my donor motor.
Will be waxoiled all over this winter.

Andy
anaconda
BXpert

Post by anaconda »

The driver side passenger window switch on mine takes it down but not up, so I need to use the passenger side switch to get it back up. The drivers side window is slow going down, seemingly cos the rubber horizontal window trim folds down and causes friction against the window. Suggestions for repairs welcome!

Funny how these idiosyncracies become kind of ok, cos its a BX.
1991 BX TGD Saloon
1990 VW T25 Camper. Currently on sabbatical
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

anaconda wrote:The driver side passenger window switch on mine takes it down but not up, so I need to use the passenger side switch to get it back up. The drivers side window is slow going down, seemingly cos the rubber horizontal window trim folds down and causes friction against the window. Suggestions for repairs welcome!

Funny how these idiosyncracies become kind of ok, cos its a BX.
If you need another switch, i have several spares and it could be just that the bit of metal the window winder moves in needs a bit of lubrication, ie a good greese. Did this with my passenger window on the TGD earlier in the year and it worked properly for the first time in 2 years.

Andy
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

as Andy say grease the chanles/runners, the other thing i find helps is spray the felt chanles around the glass with silicon spray,

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)