WANTED Bx gti throttle body and clocks/dials

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
JoshGti

WANTED Bx gti throttle body and clocks/dials

Post by JoshGti »

Have sorted ecu now so just after throttle body and also after a set of clocks/dials too with working gauges
Last edited by JoshGti on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Might have an engine ECU. What Bosch part no. do you want ??
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
JoshGti

Post by JoshGti »

Essentially any of the following ecu numbers will be appropriate;

BX GTi 1.9 litre 8 Valve 90-95 Bosch Motronic MP3.1 0 261 200 206

ZX Volcane 1.9 litre 91-95 Bosch Motronic MP3.1 0 261 200 212

405 SRi 1.9 litre 90-91 Bosch Motronic MP3.1 0 261 200 205

405 SRi 1.9 litre 91-95 Bosch Motronic MP3.1 0 261 200 213

Most important thing is it needs to be from a lambda equipped car, otherwise the engine management light will not go off as the readings will not be correct for what the ecu is expecting.

And ideally i would like an ecu with no error codes as the one i have atm the MAP sensor is faulty which isn't an easy fix without butchering another ecu!
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

JoshGti wrote:Essentially any of the following ecu numbers will be appropriate;

BX GTi 1.9 litre 8 Valve 90-95 Bosch Motronic MP3.1 0 261 200 206

Most important thing is it needs to be from a lambda equipped car, otherwise the engine management light will not go off as the readings will not be correct for what the ecu is expecting.

And ideally i would like an ecu with no error codes as the one i have atm the MAP sensor is faulty which isn't an easy fix without butchering another ecu!
Dont know where you got your numbers from but that GTi no. ending 206 is for a standard non lambda car and is thus not what you are seeking.
I do have an ECU no. ends in 162 which is a 2 connector rows ECU from a TZI which had a cat and lambda.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
JoshGti

Post by JoshGti »

The ecu ending in 206 is the one I currently have/was given to convert my car to lambda from mixture pot. I believe that whilst it works to an extent it still flags up a fault code to the ecu.

The ecu number you have is for a motronic system 1.3 whereas I'm after motronic system 3.1 as fitted to the gti models.

Do you happen to know the ecu number for the lambda equipped cars to aid my search?
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

JoshGti wrote:The ecu ending in 206 is the one I currently have/was given to convert my car to lambda from mixture pot. I believe that whilst it works to an extent it still flags up a fault code to the ecu.

The ecu number you have is for a motronic system 1.3 whereas I'm after motronic system 3.1 as fitted to the gti models.

Do you happen to know the ecu number for the lambda equipped cars to aid my search?
Are you UK based? Why are you trying to fit a lambda sensor to a Motronic 3.1 equipped car?

Jaba is correct in steering you towards Motronic 1.3 as that was the unit that supported the lambda sensor and not the 3.1 as fitted to my GTi. The lamda sensor is normally associated with a Cat which is not fitted to our UK cars until the ECU change to 1.3.

Hope that helps.
1991 BX19GTi Auto
JoshGti

Post by JoshGti »

I am indeed uk based, the method behind it is better fuel control and idle.

By equipping a lambda to a car without a cat is not an issue but it is just a very reliable method of idle control.

By fitting motronic 1.3 I would indeed have lambda support but it would also mean fitting an afm also which I don't want to do.

Still looking for both of these items! Throttle body is more important tbh.
JoshGti

Post by JoshGti »

First post updated! Ecu sorted but now after some dials.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

JoshGti wrote:I am indeed uk based, the method behind it is better fuel control and idle.
By equipping a lambda to a car without a cat is not an issue but it is just a very reliable method of idle control.
I don't understand this. The idle on my GTi with 3.1 is rock steady at 800rpm. The only time it wasn't was due to dirty injectors and after an ultrasonic clean/service it was spot on again.
So no benefit really to idling but are you saying mpg would be improved? What mpg would you expect after fitting Lambda sensor? :?
1991 BX19GTi Auto
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

JoshGti wrote:First post updated! Ecu sorted but now after some dials.
I have a GTi set available PM sent !

:)

JoshGti

Post by JoshGti »

Pm replied too.

Way2go, the mixture pot is a set value at idle so that is fine when it works, but as it is a fixed system it has no control when the engine is under load, by adding a lambda the mixture is constantly adjusted.

At WOT the lambda goes closed loop and the ecu uses the map sensor but there is a lot of rev range between 800rpm and 5700 especially on motorways when your not at WOT.
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

RxBX wrote:
JoshGti wrote:First post updated! Ecu sorted but now after some dials.
I have a GTi set available PM sent !

JoshGti wrote:Pm replied too...........
Thanks, Packaged up and 'Ready to go' !