BX Diesel Estate :(

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

BX Diesel Estate :(

Post by Kitch »

It pains me to do this (again!) but my trusty 19RD Estate is for sale. She's a 1989F, just cracked 190,000miles and shows no sign of stopping now! I am only the second owner of the car, the first took extremely good care of it and was very sad to see it go. Still, he'd amassed more BX's than he could physically drive at once so it had to go.

I did actually list the car back in Febuary as an MOT failure, but due to either people saying they were interested and weren't, or the fact it actually made sense to MOT it afterall meant that I kept the car. So some little creases were ironed out and all is good. I have to sell up due to a lack of space basically. If someone wants to sell me a garage then ignore the rest of this ad and PM me!

So, since then it has been MOT'd. The MOT will expire Feb/March time 2006 (I can check the certificate for exact day). It is actually taxed until the end of September too, I'll leave that on as I'm not tight enough to refund a couple of months!

Mechanically the car is great. The engine has never once failed to start and doesn't smoke bar for a little black puff on startup. It runs very smoothly and pulls well, economy has always been between 40-55mpg depending on what its carrying or how heavy my shoe is. Cambelt was done around the 170k mark, the previous owner preffering to change it every 30k. If thats your trail of thought too, then she wants a new one at the magic 200k mark. Had a service about 3000miles ago and you really need to change the oil in these every 5000-6000miles. Comes with a new spare Purflux fuel filter too.

Had a new backbox a couple of months ago, along with an O/S driveshaft and rear engine mount.

Transmission wise its a similar story. No noises here and all gears work fine, no syncro related problems. In fact the only weak areas mechanically of the car would be that the gear selection is very sloppy. The linkages must have no bushing left! All gears are present, but changing is more of an art! Ok when you get used to it though. I also think the clutch may not be long for the world. The release bearing is noisy and it can grind going into reverse sometimes. Obviously its the self adjusting type and the biting point is right at the bottom. Certainly got some miles left in it, but its something I would have changed in the near future personally.

Brakes are razor sharp. Better than my 16 valve in fact. The car has had two new rear calipers, pads and discs since Febuary.

Suspension and steering are A1. No leaks, car rises and sinks very quickly and power steering is bang on. Stop light is displayed very briefly on startup for a couple of seconds. All spheres are good and the car comes with a spare pair for the front.

Bodywise its a little tatty now. Nothing some TLC wouldn't improve dramatically, but theres the odd tree sap mark here and there. It needs a T-Cut really. There are traces of surface rust around the rear arch lips too, why they appeared we don't know. Been there many years though! Some paint chipping along the roof rails and some scuffs here and there. Nothing major, pretty good for the milage and age of the car. It still has potential to look nice, but sadly I've good too many other cars to attend to yet which is partially the reason for selling up. It deserves to be loved no matter what!

The door hinges are good. The drivers was recently welded up although the pins are worn and could do with replacing as the driver's door still drops very slightly when opened.

The wheels don't come with the car. You can have them with it if you like, I only got them because the tyres were legal. Personally I think they ruin it! It comes with the std steelies, but be warned they're gonna need a couple of new tyres.

Interior is a similar story dashboard wise. Its a bit tatty and worn looking. The carpets are ok as its always had mats in. The heater is controlled by an on/off switch now, probably needed a new reostat but I needed a blower motor there and then! All vents work and it blows hot and cold. One plus point is that it now sports 16 Valve "Monza" seats and doorcards. There seats are supremely comfortable, and save for the Activa leather I haven't sat in a more comfortable seat, the drivers has lumbar adjustment. The rear seats have headrests and are 60/40 split fold with armrest. The drivers window also benefits from the one touch function the 16v/TZD's etc use. The interior could use a clean to be fair. It doesn't come with sounds, although I'll leave the CD player in if you wish to buy that aswell. It even has a remote!

The boot is fairly well kept. It has the vinyl covering so is good for carrying nasty items. It also has the solid parcel shelf with sunbinds.

Car also comes with a electrically functional towbar, and a roof rack.

Basically the car needs to go to a good home. I'm more bothered about who it goes to rather than how much I get for it. I'm open to offers and I only plan to advertise on the BX forums, but if needs be it will go to Ebay. I'd rather it didn't, it has potential to be a decent modern classic rather than be bought by a pikey to drive into the ground. If it wasn't for a lack of space I'd keep it, as it has been so reliable and frugal. Probably the best all-round car I've owned and knocks spots off the 16 Valve I own. But the 16 Valve owes too much to go so its this. :(

My number is 07869 181784 or PM me. I can take pics of any part of the car if requested.

Thanks
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Erm, sold!
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)