Logical path for hydrolic system

BX Tech talk
daneinter
Confirmed BX'er

Logical path for hydrolic system

Post by daneinter »

I love this site!!!

After 3 weeks of ownership I,m well back in the saddle and I have so many plans but would appreciate some help.

could someone give me an opinion on a systematic way to check out the hydrolic system. I do understand it to a point but there must be a logical path to follow that would give me an idea of what needs doing and cover all the angles.

Also. can you fit a pod type temp guage using the wiring from the "congratulations , Youve just cooked your engine" light?? I,ve seen the posts about fitting the one from a 16v but I,m not ready for that yet

Thanks a lot.
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

This is a very good place to start for the hydraulic system:

http://www.tramontana.co.hu/citroen/

Tom Sheppard, erstwhile member of this club, also wrote a very good guide on what to do in your first 3 months of BX ownership. I can't find the link on here unfortunately, but from memory, steamcleaning the engine is the very first procedure - for ease of access and safety reasons. Then checking the cooling system, and replacing thermostat, expansion bottle cap and bottom hose, were the next priority, followed closely by cambelt. Then a hydraflush of the hydraulics, followed by new LHM and spheres if necessary.

Perhaps someone else knows where Tom's guide is?

Oscar
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Yes you can fit a pod type gauge - I did it on mine - and mounted the pod on the outside of the binnacle next to the rear wash/wipe and hazard switches. This avoids carving up the dashboard or looing the centre tray and is in fact easily visible, without obstructing forward vision.

I used a Tim gauge and pod. I've in fact used 2 of these now and no fixings that work in the pod are provided and in fact the panel fitting clamp won't fit either. Gauges seem fine and I bound both with insulating tape to secure them in the pod.

jeremy
ernst stavro blofeld
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ernst stavro blofeld »

Topic: "For new owners of the BX TZD"
Date: 7th April 2005
Author: tomsheppard.
I have found it hard to find, I would try pulling up all the author's posts and paging through to the correct date. It will be found on the fourteenth page so sort by number of posts. He has made quite a lot!
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

WEll done Ernst, thank you.

O
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"