Early type passenger seatbelt *Fairly urgent*

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Matt H
1K Away

Early type passenger seatbelt *Fairly urgent*

Post by Matt H »

Coming home tonight, the seatbelt decided to lock solid, so I thought I'd try and ease it out. Even after completely removing it, the belt won't come out, and in the interest of safety, I don't really want to try and fix it.

If anyone has either an early 'Phase 1' type seat belt, or the later type belt with matching buckle, and fancies posting it to me in the next couple of days, I would really appreciate it. Paypal money waiting...

I would buy a new set, but last time I went to try and get (just a buckle) from Citroen, they wanted £150 for the pair of new seatbelts and buckles :shock:
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

Like this:

Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Is it the buckle that\'s failed? I took mine apart at the begining of the year as I\'ve had 3 fail. Got sick of swapping old for old so stripped it down, clened and regreased - job\'s a good\'un!
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

Nah sadly not, it's the actual inertia reel belt. It wound back in and won't unwind again. Never had a problem with the Phase 1 buckles actually. The P2 ones were always playing up on my 14... Did my head in :lol:
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

Found one on ebay strangely enough... £23.50 delivered. Looks worse than the one I took out :?
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Matt H wrote:Found one on ebay strangely enough... £23.50 delivered. Looks worse than the one I took out :?
Hi Matt.

I've had a quick look thro' some of my spares stock, which I could get to fairly easy and I do have a pair of front seat-belts (but only one seat buckle at the moment) !

It's the same square type fastener (Rather than the oblong type) in your photo /\ but there not black unfortunately, they are the two-tone Silver/Grey type :(

If you can wait until tomorrow, I'll take a look in the shed/garage to see if I have a have a Black one (There were an immaculate full set as new condition ones I left in the Black 17TGD which I scrapped only a few weeks ago) #-o

:)

Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

Thanks Richard, let me know if you find any in Black. I might have a spare later shape buckle if you can only find the one.

I managed to free the old belt off actually, even after what I said earlier about not trying to fix it... I removed the casing and had a look.

It's fairly worn, so would like a full set if possible, and would like to either change the whole set to the newer type belts, or just find one good replacement to tide me over.

The immediate rush is over, but would like to change them ASAP.
Gibbo2286
BXpert

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I've got a pair here from a 1991 BX TGD complete with their buckles that you can have for £25 including the postage if you still need them, they're in good condition if just a bit dusty from sitting in my shed for a while.
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

Hi Gibbo, I'll take them please!

Thanks for looking Richard, sure there will be a few other little bits I'll need in the next couple of weeks as I try and sort the white BX out.

Cheers,
Matt