le Citroen suspension - beat this.

Anything about BXs
tim
BXpert
My Cars: 2 1992 BX TXD estates

le Citroen suspension - beat this.

Post by tim »

Yesterday the missus took the White One (19 TXD estate) down to her muckin'-out-horses job, did the biz, then came home via 1/2 mile of potholey farm track, 1/2 mile of main road, followed by a village with more potholes, sharp left-hand bend, pensioner hazards, numerous braking opportunities, a final 90 degree bend with a steep uphill slope, a few more potholes then a driveway. When she dismounted, she closed the door and removed the half dozen eggs she'd placed on the roof while at the farm and forgotten about.......
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

^^bx> \:D/
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

Sadly she also forgot to untie the labrador from the towbar...

:lol:
I have zero patience for your tedium.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Nice one bud.

No scrambled eggs for tea then?

Andy
philhod
BXpert

Post by philhod »

:) Wasn't that one of the requirements for the 2 cv
67 and still rockin (but not in a chair)
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

philhod wrote::) Wasn't that one of the requirements for the 2 cv
Well, not quite, but sort of! Guess the BX is definitely a proper Citroen then. And your wife must be a very smooth driver...
tim
BXpert

Post by tim »

JayW. If that was meant as a joke, that's spooky - or are you from round here?? It is a matter of record that about ten years ago a lady took her yellow lab down to the reservoir for a walk in her Discovery, walked dog and drove home. It was about two miles, the same route the eggs took. Two people spotted the 'problem' and tried to wave her down but to no avail. When she got home she discovered her mistake. As you can imagine, it didn't end well......
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

I remember that Tim, a mate had to help sort it not far from the old Vine.
I think JayW's comment is a bit sick actually. I was well sickened at the time by what happened. Dont think Alli would ever do such a thing and he should appologise for the comment.

Andy
tim
BXpert

Post by tim »

I don't think Jay meant anything by that, it's just a weird coincidence..... frankly, I wouldn't have believed that anyone could have done that under any circumstances until I heard about it!!
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

I know Tim, but its still not a nice comment to make knowing Alli and her love of her dogs and horses. He should still appologise.

Andy
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Jay and I dont see eye to on most things but come on guys, it was meant in jest (hence the smiley), if anyone seen National Lampoons Vacation from the early 80s it could be a reference to that, as thats what Chevy Chase did....

Its all too easy to take things out of context which I think in this occasion is whats happened.

Anyway, fried or scrambled (and yes I mean the eggs).
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
smiffy1071
pies are evil!

Post by smiffy1071 »

Knowing Jay personally, this remark was definately in jest.
The fact that some people have no sense of humour, and automatically assume it to be real and then go on one, really turns me off from this forum.

The world is not always a genteel place where on;ly nice things happen. Black humour is how many of us species cope with it.

To those who still want to be on their high horse, I say "GET A LIFE"
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

Sorry all, i missed the tangent this thread's gone off on and you know how i hate to miss a party!

So Andy, who should i apologise to exactly? Should it be to Tim's wife "Alli" who's expense the joke wasn't even at? Perhaps to Tim himself who doesn't have a problem with the coincidence that made him chuckle? Or maybe i should apologise to the woman (who i've never heard of) with the Disco that did the deed 10 years ago... i'm sure the law did it's bit back then!

I can only assume that wednesday was a slow news day for you and you had nothing better to pick apart than an off the cuff joke that was in no way derogatory save for a decade-old coincidence with no relevence. It's a bit like me saying a local paedo was hit and killed by a bus and that i found it funny only for you to get upset and tell me your uncle was killed by a bus 10 years ogo. Pleeeeeeeeeeease!

And for once Mr Leech gets a pat on the head, the reference was indeed to the Lampoons... just finished my box-set... Peewee next! :wink:
I have zero patience for your tedium.
tim
BXpert

Post by tim »

I don't think the law ever got involved as it certainly didn't make the local paper; that's why I thought you might be from round here, Jay - it was a 'local knowledge only' event. I suspect the end result of the incident was punishment enough for the silly moo who did it.....