Diesel Wanted

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
hvanman
BXpert

Diesel Wanted

Post by hvanman »

Hi, I'm new to the BX scene, although I've had assorted older Citroens for most of my life. I'm looking for a cheap (as is reasonably possible considering the recent value rises) diesel (pref 19), either saloon or estate to be my main car.

I've restored several Citroens so far, so don't mind something that needs improving, but I do need it to be roadworthy, with an MOT so I can use it as I improve it.

It needs to be pre 1993, as the insurance companies I have tried so far now seem to judge only pre 1993 BX's as classics and hence the insurance jumps a lot.

I've looked around at the ones on eBay, Friday-AD, Gumtree and Car & Classic, but most are either over my budget, or seem a bit overpriced, or might need too much work.

I'm in Bedfordshire, but happy to travel and ideally want to be paying as little as possible (redundancy sadly), but realistically I would like to be after something in the £350 - £550 range! (I don't mind how tatty it is, as long as it's roadworthy)

Any pointers would be much appreciated and looking forward to hopefully joining the BX scene.

Simon
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Theres a 19RD hatch for sale on here and also and estate too (Philhod) if you look back through the for sale.wanted
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
hvanman
BXpert

Post by hvanman »

I had found the 19RD and was wondering what sort of spec level that might be (not that it really matters that much to me). I thought Phil's car was a saloon and a bit above my budget (and 1993, so I can't get cheap insurance), or does he have an estate for sale as well?

Regards, Simon
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

All MK2 19RD's have power steering, electric front windows, central locking.

The very late ones had a eletric sunroof and possible split folding rear seat too.

http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13703

This could be a good bet? I have a telephone number for him, I would offer him £250 and see what reaction you get!
hvanman
BXpert

Post by hvanman »

Thanks Tim, I have sent you PM on how to contact the seller and thanks for the advice.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

and replied too, I havent seen this car in the flesh so watch for the usual BX rust traps etc!

Any advice you need on what to look for is easily found on here.
hvanman
BXpert

Post by hvanman »

Thanks, I have sent him an email. The forum seems to be an excellent source of information and has a lot of helpful people so I hope I get to join the BX scene.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

I don't think you will find better than that one at that price, bargain low mileage diesel that one! Welcome aboard BTW.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
hvanman
BXpert

Post by hvanman »

Thanks Kevan, I like that it's a silver one, the reds look good, but such a risk of fading, so silver or the metallic blue would be my number one choice. Fingers crossed for a good car I can then improve further with the help of the forum members.