dosseur

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
garfield

dosseur

Post by garfield »

does anyone have a spare dosseur they could sell me I want to try replacing the seals in one as shown on here a while ago but cant afford to have the bx off the road .
Also i have an annoying knocking on the rear of the bx going over bumps seems to come from osr wheel but when u get close seems it seems to move to the middle Thought it might be arm bearings but wheel seems vertical and gap between top of wheel and inner arch seems okay any ideas??
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Are you sure it's not the transverse box touching something? I had a hard to track down knocking that turned out to be that part of the exhaust touching the body somewhere.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
scooters
Confirmed BX'er

Post by scooters »

cant help on the dosseur but I have a couple of sugestions on the knocking noise.

Before you start to check every bush and component put the car up on axle stands at the back and go over the underside in detail with a torch and a jabbing finger, anything loose that is nocking the bottom of the car will be amplified in the car. More often than not it is a loose handbrake cable or exhaust hanger sometimes even trim.

Our Subaru Legacy was sounding as if the percussion section of the Royal Philharmonic was practicing under the car. Cold sweat time as springs/shocks etc cost a fortune for these cars. However, it proved to be a loose hand brake cable hanger which had rusted through and was tapping the subframe. 5p cable tie - sorted ...well until the rear shock gave up the ghost the follwing month!

A quick way to check if it is somthing wheel/brake/strut related is as you drive listen to when the knock occurs - if it is when the car responds to road surface - ie potholes etc then it is likely to be wheel/brake/strt related -if it dies that but is random as well then it will be a loose item rattling around
1991 BX16 TGS Meteor (arriving soon)
1996 306 TD
1997 Subaru Legacy 2.5 Quadcam
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Philip Chidlow wrote:Are you sure it's not the transverse box touching something? I had a hard to track down knocking that turned out to be that part of the exhaust touching the body somewhere.
..that_ Exhausts must be the biggest cause of rear end knocking IMO, I would also jack it up and check the wheel bearings they can create a knock before getting noisy and don't show as a lean like the trailing arm bearings.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Gibbo2286
BXpert

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I've got a doseur I've just overhauled. It had a punctured end seal so I've fitted a complete new set of seals.

I'm putting it on Ebay tonight, just wrote up the listing and photo.

It is however form a 1995 Xantia 2.0 litre HDI.
Discoil
BXpert

Post by Discoil »

When I worked in the dealership we had a BX saloon come in for knocking!

Put it up on the 4 poster ramp,nothing found.

Went for a test drive as he said it was really annoying him.

Sure enough the thumping sound started and wouldn't shut up.

Had the owner drive the car and when the noise appeared I pushed my body out of the open window to look onto the roof :roll:

and watched the aerial bounce up and down on the roof :)

He had an up and over garage door and that was the maximum angle that he could put it at . letsbefriends
Land Rover Discovery TD5
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

I've got a doseur I've just overhauled. It had a punctured end seal so I've fitted a complete new set of seals.

Does it fit the BX?
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon
Gibbo2286
BXpert

Post by Gibbo2286 »

maxgreenwood wrote:

Does it fit the BX?
I'm not sure Max, I've seen on here some say that it does and it looks as though it might but maybe others will know better.

The internal seals all have the same part numbers as the later BXs.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

yes, it does..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...