alloys and tyres

BX Tech talk
mrmrwray

alloys and tyres

Post by mrmrwray »

I have currently 165/70 R14 unknown brand teflon tyres.

Thinking about alloys. Anyone any ideas? Will I have to stick to 14's or can I go 15's or 16's

Are their bx alloys on the market?
What kind of price for 4?

Cheers, Matt
In Billy's old diesel and still going strong!
M

Post by M »

The BX 16v alloys in graphite look quite nice - i bought a set with the intention of painting thm white to mach the car - but that didnt happen sadly and the car wound up being scrapped. Look about on ebay or place a wanted in the AS forum - dont pay more than £50 for good wheels - make sure you get the alloy fixing bolts too.

Pug items also fit and I do like the 205 1.9GTI 15" rims.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Man without car wrote:make sure you get the alloy fixing bolts too.
Or steal more parts from me matt!

Why would you want to put alloys on it though? If you that way inclined CavMad has some Clio alloys, simple and easy and probably have some rubber on them! If you really want some then i can proably track some down (Andy in birmingham has some but there mine and you can't have them!, oh he's got a wiring look and various other bits for you too if your heading that way!).

You could go as far as 17", but you'll suffer the penalty of crap handling and you pleas for the 14's back! The standard BX16v alloys i think are spot on size for the BX and handle really well, and arent too expensive on the black circles. Might want to go for silver ones on a bright white car, but there a little rare! i think the dark/black ones would look really outta place!
M

Post by M »

Vanny wrote: Might want to go for silver ones on a bright white car, but there a little rare! i think the dark/black ones would look really outta place!
Which is what I thought and why I thought - appliance white - Nice 8)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Cheers Vanny, I do indeed have some (very cheap) ET35 Fox racing alloys with 195-45-15 tyres. However someone fron another forum has asked me to take a picture of them and is very interested, probably due to the fact he only wants the tyres and the wheels are worth more than my asking price for the lot.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

If you want to stay with 14" tyres then it's possible to fit ZX aftermarket alloys - I used to have some 5-spokers which you'll see in the rather eccentric photo-montage below: quite what impulse made me put the pics together that way I don't know!

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Cool, a stretched BX!. You could fill that ram full of pissed up arseholes or gobby young birds flashing their wares every Saturday night in your local town centre.
If it`s the latter please send me the pictures!