BX `ET` wheel fitments.

BX Tech talk
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

BX `ET` wheel fitments.

Post by cavmad »

Sorry, as I think I may have asked this before, but could someone please tell me what `ET` and PCD standard BX wheels are please? Appreciate that 16V and GTi wheels may be different but I could do with knowing a range of ET`s that would be ok to fit.
For example if a BX TZD wheel has an ET45 fitment, would an ET40 or ET50 fitment after market wheel be safe to fit without adversly effecting handling?
Cheers in advance,
Vauxhall apologist.
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

4x108 pcd, 65 central bore ET of 15-22,
any wheel with a higher ET can be spaced down to the correct offset!
Most ford wheels have are the same pcd but have a smaller c/b 63 from memory?? and offset of 35+, a 20mm spacer will allow the wheel to slot straight onto a bx with out rubbing!

Basically any 4 stud Citroen, Peugeot will fit and shouldnt need spacing (although a few of the newer models have a higher ET) and youshould find that any 4 stud ford wheel will fit with the required spacers!

If you type "alloy wheel fitment guide" into google it should come up with a couple of places that have an online fitment guide that you can copy and paste into word to keep as reference!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks Cornish! Have found some cheaply priced and smart looking wheels that I think are an ET15 and the lad who owns them says they came off a Citroen. Sounds good so far!
Vauxhall apologist.
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

The 17's i have are et15's! fit no problem! (i had to file a small amount of the fibreglass off the inside of the arch cover but the 17's have a largfer rolling radious so is to be expetced! :D)
ET15 is also std fitment on a xsara!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
Daniel B
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Daniel B »

The Stock 16V rim has an offset of ET24, the 7" wide alloys you are likely buying, will need the offset of ET15 as Timmo said, this is to accomadate the extra width within the arches.

Cheers

Dan