BX Club at the NEC - Stand discussion

Anything about BXs
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I'd be up for popping mine on the stand, if there is a space/want for it. It's not mint by any stretchm but I like it :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I've managed to get a form from the nice people who run the show and have submitted an application. We should hear whether we are successful in April/May. The fact that we're celebrating an anniversary counts heavily in our favour.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Great stuff! 8), I imagine we could utalise the BXC Banners that we are talking about for the ICCR.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Re: BX Club at the NEC - we have a stand!

Post by Dollywobbler »

Just had confirmation. We have a stand! Full details next week regarding how big, where in relation to others etc. I hope we'll be with other Citroen clubs, but there's no guarantee. Tim and myself now have the tricky job of deciding which vehicles to use. Once I find out how many tickets we can get, I shall open the floodgates for offers of help. The public needs educating. ;)
saintjamesy89
1K Away
My Cars: 1985 Citroen BX19 GT
198x Citroen BX16 TRS auto
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
1991 Saab 900 16v convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Post by saintjamesy89 »

I'd be up for attending, helping and donating some pennies. The GT should be sparkling by then :)
I'm not a Saint, or a James, but a Tom Saint-James!

Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
2006 Lexus RX 400h SE hybrid
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

The stand is free, and I'm not going to bother with the electricity hook-ups. They're not cheap. Donations will be time and fuel for those who attend. We should get a couple of free tickets per car I think. I'm hoping we'll have some kit at the ICCCR that we can re-use as background material, though a history of the cars on the stand should be prepared too.

I'd like two Mk1s and a Mk2 as I think we'll have room for three cars. More planning needed before we firm anything up though.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

More than willing to stick my 16v on there if there's a want for it. I'll need notice to get the thing a bit straighter though :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Excellent news that we've got a stand. Couldn't we just vote for the three cars that go on the stand? If the criteria is two mk1s and a mk2, I'd vote for Tims GT, A476 RBX ( one of the original press launch cars; I can't remember the guy who owns it - but he's Scottish - and it's gold!) I think the mk2 should be a valver; either Marks ph.1 or Matt H's ph.2. If Matts is as tip top as Marks (and that's saying something!) that would just wing it for me on the colour.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

At the risk of upsetting folk, I think we'll just make a call as to who's cars go on the stand based on what's available at the time and how far people are willing to drive. For the cars on the stand, they'll be needed from Thursday night right through to Sunday evening. This isn't a club with funds, so those folk will have to sort out some overnight accommodation.

I'd prefer the owners to then spend three days at the show, as people often like to talk to the owners - though obviously you'll be able to go and have a look at the rest of the show. You won't be tied to the stand!
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

True enough. The practicalities of actually making the thing happen at all on bugger all money, probably trumps the demands of democracy!
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

Well, I'll be there for at least one day - so can help out.

As for my car, I'd say my phase 2 is pretty good, but not quite as straight as Mark's lovely example. Tim will probably confirm, it's got a couple of small blemishes here and there - but I'd say we must have a 16v of some kind on the stand, regardless of them being in perfect condition!

In my ideal world, you'd have a Mk1, a 16v and a TZD turbo...
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Matt H wrote: a TZD turbo...
Good call that man! Now who's got a really nice TZD turbo? Ooo that's right . . . ME! :D
Wooscary
BXpert

Post by Wooscary »

Surely someone must have a MK1 1986 BX19RD estate in show condition? :D
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

my car wont be on the stand so I can say this without people thinking im jealous but I have a genuine question .

why should it be 2 mk1's and a mk 2 ? I reckon a phase 1 16 valve, a tzd hurricane and a mk1 either Tims or Toms.

My only reason for saying a phase 1 valver is to the untrained eye there isnt much difference between a hurricane and a phase 2 valver
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

We could debate for years which three it should be. There are strong cases for all of them! I do plan on having the Mk1 estate there - hopefully in some sort of mock-up of its previously-abandoned state. Something that ISN'T shiny always gets LOTS of attention. I definitely don't want three immaculate cars.