Last chance for this BX

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Last chance for this BX

Post by ken newbold »

I took this BX in part-ex for my 806 that I sold just before Christmas, a fellow enthusiast has been this morning and given it a thorough "going over" with a view to buying it. However he managed to push a hole through the n/s front inner wing which we all know to be a weak spot and then decided not to buy it.
Needless to say I'm not very pleased about it.

So I'm offering it on here for the last time, I cannot afford to keep hold of it in the hope someone will take it on and I have no affinity with this vehicle whatsoever. So it's here for sale for £300 no offers tyre kickers or timewasters please.
If no one comes forward for it, it WILL be cubed on Tuesday morning. I'm not prepared to sell or remove any parts off it, so please don't ask.

The car has MOT until June 2012 but tax runs out tonight 31-12-11. It's been documented before on this thread. Just remember it does need some welding doing.
It has a Sony explod CD player fitted and wind deflector on roof, all tyres are good.

http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... mint++sale

here are some up to date pictures.

and finally here's a picture showing the welding required.

They think it's all over, it is now!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Ken?

Are you ok, whats making you do this? Im sure your pissed off as someone has messed you about but to hold a gun to our heads saying "buy it or im cubing it" isnt what I would expect from a club stalwart like you. To say im rather surprised and dissapointed is an understatment. : :shock:

Its your car to cube of course, but doing seems a case of cutting off you nose to spite your face, ive seen this car and its as good as it looks and worth £300 of anyones money, twice what you will get if you scrap it.

The welding is an easy job, one I know you could do or get done yourself and as it has 6 months MOT doesnt have to be done right now.

I imagine the previous owner (a very enthusiast young lad) would be rather upset too as I know he spent alot of time and effort on it, hence the spoiler, sunroof deflector painted bumpers etc and fanstastically clean interior.

I would happily buy it, but the Xantia has just cost me £500

I hope you change your mind! :cry:

Swop you for a red 19TZD with a dodgy clutch?
Last edited by Tim Leech on Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I'm hoping this is just heat of the moment. Either that or I'll offer scrap value for it. I don't see why an enthusiast should pay £300 when the scrap man's not going to give much over £150.
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

The last chance saloon? - I think not. If no one else comes forward I'll buy it. 300 quid sounds like a VERY good deal to me even with that bit of welding. There's no way that cars going to the scrapper!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Well done Paul

If you need a hand collecting it im more than happy to help you. My diesels free with work.
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Thanks for that Tim - I may very well take you up on the offer if needs be. I've PM'd Ken to say that if no one else has put their name in the frame by Tuesday I'll buy it.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Ok no worries, I have next Saturday free (a week today) so could do it then.

Let me know.

Ken please dont scrap it!
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I simply cannot afford to do anything else.

I have to reclaim some money to buy another car for work, yes I know the scrapman will pay me less than the £300 but I would be taking the wind deflector, CD player, front bumper, wheels and battery off should it be crushed.
Like I've said, I've no affinity with this car at all and it's been kicking around for sale for so long I can't afford to leave it any longer.
I certainly wish I hadn't done the deal with the 806 but I did. The previous owner knows of the situation and with the tax expired, getting it welded and taxed just isn't an option for me.

The engine on it seems really good and I agree it would be a real pity to scrap it, but I can't be stuck with it.

Paul is welcome to it for the £300 if he really wants it, but he has stated that he will only take it if no one else wants it.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

ken newbold wrote: The engine on it seems really good and I agree it would be a real pity to scrap it, but I can't be stuck with it.

It would find a loving home with Paul, with some work it could be a really belting car and a cheap run about for sure.

I would be heading up the M1 with cash in hand Ken myself, but as you know I just cant afford it. I do appreciate you have alot on your plate at the moment but im sure it wont come to it beong weighed in.
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Please dont get me started collecting again Ken?
I will take her on if Paul doesnt, and will just sell my Visa and run this instead. I saw it at wetherby and was truly impressed by the car.
Didnt know it had been advertised. Was it when i wasnt well?
Richard.
1985 MK1 BX Digit
1986 MK1 BX Leader
1988 19RD
1983 Tin Snail
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Just thinking outloud but would it make sense to get this for Dad , so i can keep the Mk1 leader?
Richard.
1985 MK1 BX Digit
1986 MK1 BX Leader
1988 19RD
1983 Tin Snail
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Now that would be a damned good result Richard. I think the Leader should stay with an enthusiast as yourself.

Andy
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

In all honesty I don't care who has it, I just need it gone asap, pure and simply to put the money towards buying another car suitable for my work.

I told the guy who came today I wanted £425 for it because that's what it owes me. Following the events of today and looking at the welding that now needs doing, I figured it could cost about £100 to get it done professionally, hence the £300 price tag which is considerably less than the original seller wanted for it, only Ragger of this forum would know that for certain.

First offer for the car came from Paul who said he is willing to buy it if no one else wanted it by Tuesday, as Richard has now shown an interest please could you two guys decide amongst yourselves who wants it.
Storing it here until next weekend isn't a problem but it must be gone by then please.
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

I'd like to buy it Ken. Can pop over early next week if thats convenient?
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

OK Paul it's yours pending payment, but please remember the tax will have expired and you'll need insurance cover if you're planning to drive it away.