Last chance for this BX

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

richardd1652 wrote:Just thinking outloud but would it make sense to get this for Dad , so i can keep the Mk1 leader?
Richard.
Lol I imagine your misses wouldn't see it like that :lol:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Yes your quite right, although she hates the Visa even more than my Bx,s .
Perhaps the answer is to let my dad have the Visa instead? Mind you he wants me to have a closer look at the knackered Zx and price up all the parts to rebuild it so even if i do let him have the Leader, it shouldnt be for ever.
Richard.
1985 MK1 BX Digit
1986 MK1 BX Leader
1988 19RD
1983 Tin Snail
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

if only this had pas I would have come up for this tomorrow
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Susan Donym wrote:if only this had pas I would have come up for this tomorrow
No you wouldn't; it would have been on my drive 6 months ago. :wink:
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Ken you appear to be very angry and totally against the BX since the fire and I'm very sorry you feel this way. To be fare I wouldn't imagine Ragger was too pleased either to travel however far to buy a '' mint'' BX to find the front inner wings rotted out like that. Unfortunately looking at the picture of the nearside one; when all the seam sealer is removed this looks like it will need a complete new inner wing as it has been allowed to travel so far down and across so you can't blame him for walking away if he felt this wasn't for him.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I don't blame Ragger at all, my comment concerning him was that only he would know how much the original seller wanted for the car.

As for your comments about me being angry with the BX, I have to admit I'm a bit angry with life itself and all the crap it's throwing at me this past few months. BX's are the least of my problems.
They think it's all over, it is now!
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

is this car spoken for now?? uummm
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

ren16tx wrote:is this car spoken for now?? uummm
Yes as far as I know its sold to Paul296.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

£300 or you'll cube it? Nice one.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
dyates2

Post by dyates2 »

Gentleman. Hello. my name is daren (dyates2). i am new to the club. i am the guy from Warrington that drove over to Yorkshire to view Kens car on Saturday morning.
I sent ken a pm expressing interest in the mint TGD in Leeds(i honestly didnt expect a mint car). Ken was a great help.he acted as go between with a guy called Anthony,whose son was using the car. He made it clear that he did not know the car and had taken it in part ex, for a pug 806. The car was delivered to his home the day before his recent Bulgaria trip. I arranged to view after his return as he seems to be the jedi knight of the BX world. i set about reading all the "mint tgd leeds" threads on this site, checked the MOT history on the VOSA website,got insurance sorted, bought Phils club stickers(wow) and took out a £200 deposit. I also read up on the fantastic welding that kevan(defender 110) did on that white bx estate as i expected that amount of corrosion to be present and that welding would be required on both sides. I made the 70mile trip over a foggy M62 to kens home. 2 things struck me firstly,Ken is an very likeable character,(even offered me a brew) secondly, the car looks fantastic.I prefer the N/A 1769cc xud and NO power steering, so car ideal for me.
I will pm the reg number and doc. ref, number to anyone wanting it so the MOT history can be seen(a must).Main issue-2007 severe "N/S inner wing corrosion-inner wing weak". MOT station changed and corrosion not mentioned again.2 MOTs since that.
Essentially:-
Paintwork great.all doors rust free.door hinge areas great.odd blob of silver Hammerite on rear arches-no problem. Rear arches -great(one stone chip on N/S lip).front outer wings-great. Boot interior-great.rest of interior-great (saggy drivers seat cloth if u are picky-i'm not !) Bonnet,metal and inner skin rotten and separated at front where turned over edge of outer skin sits. Nearly visible with bonnet down-no prob-fit a plastic one.
Underside-has had welded repair/s but solid. sills great, appears to have had protection applied generally underneath. Boot floor looks ok but very large build up of dried on mud so couldn't see for sure.Wheel arches-build up of mud. Wheel arche wells and underside appear not to have been hosed off (ever).Full new recent exhaust. LHM leak at n/s rear strut.
Engine bay area. no recent care apparent(no problem-just have fun playing catch up). Engine sounds totally brilliant-quite a bit of water in the oil-given how good the engine sounded i presume it was condensation. N/S camshaft oil seal leak-no problem. Presume needs all belts and tensioners doing- no problem. Gearbox air vent cap missing.
Mileage looks genuine,some old MOTs .Service history suspect.
O/S inner wing and under LHM tank seemed quite sound but had loads of silver Hammerite slapped on. I expect it needs the same job that Kevan did to the white bx estate. No problem could be done in time but needs doing properly by caring, compassionate welder.
N/S inner wing-hmm. !! curve of inner wing has separated from vertical section of inner wing at the apex of the curve.Area wobbles around. Metal(not 100% sure it was metal) very thin. tap with knuckle sent sheets of Hammerite encrusted rust falling away- area then left alone. Area behind N/S headlamp obviously heavily corroded-left alone.
Then it happened. I put my left hand on n/s longitudinal chassis section and right hand on the outer wing whilst i looked at bulkhead. My left hand fell through the chassis/inner wing join. This initially looked quite sound.Closer inspection shown the inner wing corrosion to have extended laterally towards and into the main chassis section. I did not intentionally make a hole in the wing.
I felt this needed the majority of the inner wing horizontal and curve area renewing from headlamp to strut and full width from and including vertical section to chassis rail.
This whole area is significantly weakened and would be a danger if driven. There was no way it should have passed the MOT in July. It has been tarted up by person unknown for MOT or sale.
Price was £425 with no tax and 7 months MOT it shouldn't have passed.
The 2 tone speedlines were £60 that Ken is now selling.
Overall it is a shame unless you have a plasma cutter,plenty of sheet steel and a m.i.g welder.
If this hadn't been allowed to rot over the past few years it would have been on my drive and I would have been chatting up Kevan and making him an offer he couldn't refuse to wield the welder.
It is essentially a worthy restoration project but dangerous to use unless u don't mind wearing a gearbox around your knee in a front end shunt.
Result-poor ken-pissed off and out of pocket. Me bx-less, pissed off and out of pocket.
Sorry this is a bit long but if you intend buying this you need to know as ken doesn't know the car and I was all over it. PM me if any questions.
Mint TDG in Leeds....... maybe a Polo mint (the mint with the hole, if you haven't already got it).
From this experience maybe we could define a cars condition numerically such as 1-great, 2-good, 3- restoration required, 4 spares only.
what do you guys think?
p.s. ken. hope your Mum was ok up town.

daren
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

A hugely helpful account, that gives any potential new owner a better idea. I wouldn't go for it. Thing is, I don't see it as being worth £300!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Shame about the car, i saw that at a meet this year & on the face of it, it did look nice, but would appear to have been made to look nice rather than actually fixing the rot that appears to have been found :x

Hopefully someone might take the car on & save it, i know there's a few welders out there in the club :wink:
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
BX596
BXpert

Post by BX596 »

Philip Chidlow wrote:A hugely helpful account, that gives any potential new owner a better idea. I wouldn't go for it. Thing is, I don't see it as being worth £300!
Looks like it's getting cubed then :wink:
BX596
BXpert

Post by BX596 »

MULLEY wrote:Shame about the car, i saw that at a meet this year & on the face of it, it did look nice, but would appear to have been made to look nice rather than actually fixing the rot that appears to have been found :x

Hopefully someone might take the car on & save it, i know there's a few welders out there in the club :wink:
I agree,looked great at Wetherby.What's gone wong Ken?
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

BX596 wrote:
Philip Chidlow wrote:A hugely helpful account, that gives any potential new owner a better idea. I wouldn't go for it. Thing is, I don't see it as being worth £300!
Looks like it's getting cubed then :wink:
I was never in the frame. But I know a gentleman who is/was...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v