KEYS

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

KEYS

Post by tim leech »

Guys,

Does anyone have any proper Simplex BX Key blanks? My 19TZS has some horrible silica replacement ones

Tim
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

It's a tough life, eh.
They think it's all over, it is now!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

It is ken! I mean £25 for a car and it doesnt even have the remote control unit and the original keys! Disgraceful!

Thats a point can I got a remote from another car or is it very involved and hard work?
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

No, I'm sure if you've got both the sender and reciever from another car you could fit them in a couple of minutes.

I'll let Jeremy fill you in on all the technical details, it's really not my scene.
They think it's all over, it is now!
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Theres some good info on the BX DIY pages on recoding so you can match a blip to the existing receiver or even vice versa.
1991 BX19GTi Auto
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

One way is to fit a modern receiver which has the advantage of being RF rather than the original IR. This would operate the existing control unit (goes on the passenger door terminals and you can buy as many plips as you want!

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?Mod ... 1&doy=25m3

jeremy
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

I see that the Maplin receiver is 99 pence more than the car! :)

Something to think about with RF is that it needs to be able to signal the lights too so you know you have acheived the command you are sending. Otherwise if you are not close enough (as with ir) to see the door locks how will you know you have just locked it? :?

Alarm systems will often offer interfaces to the central locking and the Indicators and/or Headlights.

Good luck with adding value to your car Tim. :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Have a look on Ebay and there is a guy that does Citroen blank keys for £7 a piece including delivery, not cheap i guess but for me a must have (if i ever have all the same locks on my doors!)
Bluey1978
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Bluey1978 »

I'm thinking of incorporating a remote central locking into my BX and found this on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MEWA:IT

The maplin item is very cleverly priced as you fall short of the £35 free delivery price, so would have to stump up £2.50, but when you look at the 2 items it may be feasible to have an alarm that does central locking, rather than a central locking system that isn't an alarm.

Its a case of pro's and cons, but i'm seriously looking at the alarm option as my insurance compnay will give me a minimum of 5% discount for it, depending on its class this could rise - so they tell me.

I know 5% is not alot but its better than nothing.

Hope this helps you out......

Bluey :wink:
Previous owner of a 1988 BX19 RD & Previous BX Meteor & Xantia Owner.
1995 Toyota Estima Lucida X Diesel
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Cheers guys