Eternal Optimist Seeks Reliable Runner

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

the 1.9d clio is the same PSA lump as the BX from what i can tell, usually with the Lucas pump, none too difficlut, i've worked on them before and they have a surprising amount of space around them, im sure MrB coul have it done in a snap (bad pun but it made me chuckle)
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Errr, It ain't the same engine! Are you thinking Clio here, last one I worked on there wasn't enough room to pass a fag paper around the engine. A radiator change is a 6 hour job..........
1991 Landrover Discovery
1995 VW Golf SE
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

assuming were not talking the new fat arsed clio and were talking the old square looking one then yes its much the same engine, sure as hell looks identical, everything bolted onto the engine in the same place. Gearbbox was significantly different but the block was certainly XUD looking and sounding.

Which it wasnt huge'ly open, it was hardly crammed in!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

How about this found on ebay and not a million miles from you? They`re open to inspection and drive before end of listing and it has long tax and test too.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 12251&rd=1
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Remarkable - must be the only one that hasn't rusted through over the back wheel arches.

£400 is very expensive even by autotrader standards - get a good ZX several years younger there.

Jeremy
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

It maybe there are cheaper ones about but it`s still good value for money in my books. As a dedicated Vauxhall enthusiast I say they`re great value for money, dead reliable and parts are ten a penny. Also remember that there`s the potential to turn up and make an offer for less than the buy-it-now price. Most listings with a b-i-n never make the price (unless seriously cheap) and don`t attract many bids either. A wise man would leave it a couple of days and hope no-one makes any bids on it then arrange to view and move in for the (price) kill. I reckon cash on the day would knock £50 plus off the price which the owner would accept if he had anything about him or her. It`s that or take the chance of it making reserve/b-i-n price which it almost certainly won`t. It`d be worth pointing this out to the vendor and reminding him if it doesn`t go on e-Bay he`ll have to re-list it (more time and money) and even if someone wins it there`s no guarantee they`ll turn up and buy it. There`s also possibly sixty quid`s worth of rent on it remember and the chance of a good blast in it before any commitment.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Haha, I`d better take that back. Someone`s bought it on `buy-it-now`!
M

Post by M »

Traipesd all the way to the back of beyond tonight to look at what was promised to be a very straight tidy little Clio diesel.

Advertised as 48K - actually had 40K on thr clock - no history at all. Worrying oil in the water (very oily) plus the area under teh expansion tank was weter than a hadocks bathing costume and full of antifreze (in places which made it doubtful it was a sloppy filler upper of coolant.

The interior was well knackered for a 40K car - seats worn right through, steeing wheel and gear leaver nice and worn, new pedal rubbers though.

Arse :(
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

So, did you buy it then? :twisted:
1991 Landrover Discovery
1995 VW Golf SE
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

The renault diesels are good engines, a little more brisk than our beloved cits but the timing belt is a bit of a bugger compared to the XUD and they are prey to the occasional head gasket too, bout the only guarantee is that they cant leak LHM :D
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
M

Post by M »

Introducing Rubina 1.9 NA ZX

51000 miles
FSH
One owner.
Timing belt done last year by main dealer

Crying out for privacy glass :twisted:
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Beautiful.

What a sweet looking straight car.

Well done, "you have bought well my young apprentice" 8)

Is Mrs R happy?
1991 Landrover Discovery
1995 VW Golf SE
M

Post by M »

Mr B wrote:Well done, "you have bought well my young apprentice" 8)

Is Mrs R happy?
Considering I have bought another "flaming Citroen" - actually yes she is happy, she likes the car too - though she seems none to keen on black tinted windows :?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

That`s a little beauty mate. Pimp it up my man, pimp it up!
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Citroen-14-6-spok ... dZViewItem

These should do it for a start........ :twisted:
1991 Landrover Discovery
1995 VW Golf SE