Radiator Required

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Bluey1978
Confirmed BX'er

Radiator Required

Post by Bluey1978 »

I need another Rad for my BX19RD, its an 88 on an E. Filler bottle fixed to side of rad (you know the sort)

Seems that one of those plastic clips that holds the rubber hose has come out of the metal - slid down the hose and somehow has punctured the fins, have a very slight seep and am reluctant to put rad weld in as have heard alot of bad news about it. Good job I did the oil change when I did otherwise may never have spotted it. Would rather replace the rad anyway rather than risk radweld.

ONLY PROBLEM IS......... :cry:

Living in SUFFOLK, I would need to have it posted to me.

If anyone has a spare could they PM me please. Scarpyards down here are BX free so cannot source one from here and only other 2nd hand route is ebay - and that will probably leak aswell.......

Any help would be appreciated. I will try and sort summit out anyway. :D
Previous owner of a 1988 BX19 RD & Previous BX Meteor & Xantia Owner.
1995 Toyota Estima Lucida X Diesel
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

I have one of a 1991 tgd is that any good :?:
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

I believe I have a good one from a 1989 19DTR.... It holds pressure and doesn't leak, but I'll have a good look at it and make sure it's a goodun.
this might be a signature
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

That sounds better than mine it is nearly the same year.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I`ll have one from a `91 TGD estate if you`re stuck.
Vauxhall apologist.
Bluey1978
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Bluey1978 »

I must be honest and admit I do not know the difference between all the different Rads, although judging by my Xantia, if it is the Turbo engined rad, it will have a seperate expansion tank. I take it that as long as it is for the 1905 engine everything should be ok.

Not meaning to teach you all to suck eggs, as you guys seem to know alot more than me. :oops:

So will bear with your judgment.

I have no idea as to how much it would cost to ship a rad through parcel post but would pay in advance if the price can be found out.

:lol:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Parecl Force minimum charge is £12.15 which is with the £1.00 discount for going through the internet to do it. Rather `helpfully` you can`t pay by credit or debit card by `phone so unless you pay the driver cash you have to do it over the net!
Royal Mail may be cheaper, possibly about circa £9.00 though would probably take longer to arrive.
Vauxhall apologist.
Bluey1978
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Bluey1978 »

I don't seem to have alot of luck with the post office - recently had a compensation claimed paid out to me because of an item they LOST in transit. :shock:

Parcel force would suit me fine. The rad that David Rutherford has, seems to be a pucker one, I'm not fussy, as long as it holds the pressure then everyones a winner 'chamboucie nouvelle' as a certain peckham fly trader would say.

:lol:
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

i've got one too! And its from a 1.9rd not one of these fancy things from trds and others! Wont survive the looooooonnngg journey though i would guess!
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Turbo one is readily recognisable as its huge with a separate header - ie cap is not on rad, Hose size may be different too as the bottom hoses are different (but this may be limited to a 'T' in the non-turbo hose)

jeremy
Bluey1978
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Bluey1978 »

If any prospective donor could PM me with prices etc, I'll arrange to get a cheque off in the post to them.

Purely out of interest I phoned the 2 local scrapyards near me and one of them said they hadn't had a BX for months...Such is their rarity in Suffolk..... :cry:

Anyway If I could thanks you all for your interest.

Bluey :wink:
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Have you looked at the price of new? - I think Euro Car Parts have them for about £32 + VAT. - maker - Valeo.

GSF may be cheaper but I'll leave it to you to have a look.

jeremy
Bluey1978
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Bluey1978 »

Have just checked on GSF and they want £59.50 for a new rad, which is not too bad although I like your price better Jeremy :lol:

It is obviously worthwhile buying a new one, but GSF specify that this RAD is the 2 fan type, I haven't had a look in detail yet, so assume this is the one as the only other fan they stock is the 16v rad (not including the turbo ones).

I'll check in a minute, we have a GSF in Ipswich, so I'll pop down and get another catalogue (Where do they all go to!!!!).

Thanks all round once again

Deano :wink:
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

http://www.eurocarparts.com/default.asp

Branches under 'Corpulent' in left hand index - nearest probably Bury St.Edmunds.

Always been very helpful for me in Southampton and I think one of our members works for them.

jeremy