TZD Turbo Breaking

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
mat_fenwick

TZD Turbo Breaking

Post by mat_fenwick »

I will have to dispose of my spares car ('91 TZD Turbo estate) when we eventually sell our house in Gloucester (slow chain of sellers/buyers...)
I am taking off spares I think I may need; however there will be parts I don't need or haven't got the time/skill/inclination to remove.
I have earmarked the rad, alternator, front calipers, driveshafts, air con (almost fitted now!), headlights, front struts, rear arms (possibly?), and hydraulic pump.

If people are interested then if a weekend can be set aside (I guess in a month or so), feel free to come and grab what you want. Tyres are mainly newish, it has a towbar, interior is hairy (dog) but otherwise good. The engine puffs out grey for a couple of seconds on start up put pulls well and is smoke free otherwise, and the gearbox is lovely and smooth. It has done over 200k though, so that may be offputting. Coffee/tea/beer facilities will probably be available but no hoist
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Not worth selling it as a rolling restoration Mat? What`s actually up with the car? I`m sure you could soon find the spares you were going to remove from it elsewhere either cheap or free and I bet someone would love to take your estate on and do it up? With respect is it worth stripping for a handful of parts and then having to get rid of the shell when it might find a new home and be bough back to life? TZD turbo`s, especially estates, are quite a sort after car now.
Vauxhall apologist.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

If anyone is interested in it as a project then that's always a possibility; however the front wheelarches are holed, and there is rust around the rear door shuts. Bodywork is pretty tatty, one quarterlight is smashed and front calipers, rad, and alternator are off. The octopus has a leak and all the heater parts have been removed for the air conditioning.
I do feel a little guilty for stripping it but I felt that no-one would be interested in restoring is when you can pick up better ones for a few hundred pounds.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Does it have a complete black dashboard if so can i have it. :?:
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Dashboard is there but at some point the bit in the drivers footwell has been cut to get it round the steering wheel rather than removing the steering wheel. Just one cut though and not really noticeable.

OK, I confess, it was me :oops: , partly out of frustration and beacuse I couldn't find the right size socket!

Would have to be collected though...
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Hi mat where are you?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I think I could possibly supply some of the bits already removed from Mat`s estate free to anyone who wanted to take the car on as a project. I`d guess the alternator is the same as 1.9 n/a diesels? I believe the rad is different though but stuff like quarter lights and possibly calipers etc I should have.
Sleepy, silly question coming from me but is my old alternator still here or did you have it with the engine and likewise if that is the case have I got your old one?
Vauxhall apologist.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Billy, I think we left your old alternator in the garage, but the bearings sounded to be knacked. But it was worth keeping to salvage the brushes.
They think it's all over, it is now!
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Thats right ken We left it in the garage, we fitted mine which i had only replaced a few weeks before the transplant along with my starter motor.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

The air con stuff is 99% transferred! Just the fan wiring and the belt to do now, then a recharge and I should be icy cool 8)
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

where are you Mat :?:
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I am in North Wales (Colwyn Bay) during the week (probably about 40 miles from Billy's). The car is in Gloucester but I only go down there once every few weeks
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Finally exchanging contracts on the house so we will have to clear everything out by mid May; so will have to scrap the car next weekend. :( Last chance to grab some parts!
Collection would be preferred as firstly I don't have too much time on my hands, and secondly every available box will be needed for house stuff!

BTW, the gearbox has already been claimed.