eBay sh*tter of the week?

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

eBay sh*tter of the week?

Post by cavmad »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 4627715940

Any guesses to whose selling this automotive art form :?: :lol: And, YES, the `modifications` do look worse in real life. Much worse.
Vauxhall apologist.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Perhaps Cavmad should become Chavmad :?: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

The ferosity of the bidding makes me think some people ACTUALLY WANT a car like this :roll:
Over and out from me
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

:lol: I know, it`s great isn`t it? :D :D :D
Vauxhall apologist.
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

My my girlfriends daughter needed a car so i agreed to buy my mates 106. It'd done 125k but at 100quid it seemed like a decent thing for her to learn to drive in.

Just before we bought it the head gasket went. I thought PHEW, glad i didnt buy that so bought her an AX in much nicer condition. 4 months later i had to change the head gasket on the AX..... :x
Over and out from me
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Pssssshhhhhhhewwwwwwwww (sucking through teeth noise) should have bought a Corsa Ian :lol:
Is the headgasket a big job on the 106 by the way? I`ve had this sort of mad idea that I need to teach myself how to do things like headgaskets. I`m thinking of getting an engine to practise on and wanted to start with something relatively simple. Out of the car to start with to get the feel of it and then maybe a cheap/free car with h/g problems to try and make right.
Vauxhall apologist.
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

You dont need the 106/AX engine to be out of the car to do it. Its a pretty easy job really.

The main things with this engine are that the crank and camshafts are locked in place but mainly that you dont disturb the bores (wet liners) when you remove the head.

Other than that its plain sailing. Its a bit tight for space at the cambelt end but i'll remember that comment when i do the Xantia!
Over and out from me