€30k parking ticket

Anything about BXs
toddao
BXpat

€30k parking ticket

Post by toddao »

This BXhas got a €30,000 parking ticket ( and rising) after being sat in a carpark in Luxembourg for three years! I don't think they'll be getting their money as they can't trace the owner though they won't be towing it as it's 'legally parked' apparently. Strange story but quite an angelic picture of the offender!
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Can you post a translation of the story please?

I would guess though that the car park is in a private carpark?
1991 BX19 TZS 04/01/91 (Deceased)
1990 BX19 TRS 27/10/89 (Reborn)
1992 BX19 TXD (Ex UK - K 744 SDF) 15/06/92
1990 BX19 TZS Auto 06/11/1989
1992 BX TZD Turbo Estate (Ex UK) 1/07/91
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

It doesn't say if it's private or not, though it refers to 'the owner'. I summarised the main points, apart from comparing it ' to an elephant that has laid down to die' which I don't quite understand - perhaps because it's sat down on its suspension or because it's grey? :D
Todd

B-Hive
BXpert

Post by B-Hive »

A very rough translation:

"It works like an elephant, which lay down for dying. A Citroen BX TRD turbo is for three years in a multi-storey car park in Luxembourg. Park fee so far: more than 30,000 euros. Whether it is ever released?
Long-term parks extremely: More than three years ago a driver stored his car in a multi-storey car park in the capital of Luxembourg - and since then any longer be looked not to let itself. With a park price of 26.90 euros per day come Day comes the owner in the meantime on more than 30,000 euros, said the operator of the multi-storey car park at Theaterplatz. Therefore one assumes the vehicle owner Citroen BX of 1990 more will also not out-deactivate. That is more cash, than the auto is worth.

One tried to determine the owner over the police. He lives in France, but the owner is unknown another and said the upper parking attendant. The auto cannot be simply towed also. The car is correctly deactivated. Is called, the park ticket
becomes expensive and more expensively."

maybe the owner works like an elephant, which lay down for dying too
Current
85 BX GT Mk1..
86 BX TRS Mk1
87 BX TRi

Gone
85 BX TRS mk1 auto... SOLD
90 BX TRi..parts....cubed
cauchoiskev
BXpert

Post by cauchoiskev »

For a rich 57 year old Frenchman with a 39 year old wife, that car might be interesting... for a year.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

/\ I was thinking - what the devil's he on about? He's been at the vino..

Then I looked at the number plate of the offender '39 ANS 57' - sounds as though you're already on the trail Inspector Clouseau. These hard core parking criminals will be found!
Todd