Mickys blogalog

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Vanny wrote:The fit should be determined by the spring and not the wings, bending them in will just make it harder to get on and off i imagine.
thats what I thought but surely eurocar parts wouldent have sold me the wrong rad cap would they ? :D

have now got most of the wiring in place for the 6x9's, sub and amp and cd changer.
just trying to decide on a good earthing point in the boot.
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Mickey taker wrote:just trying to decide on a good earthing point in the boot.
Oh Mickey your so funny, good earth in the boot, ha you'll be lucky!

Have you looked behind the the light cluster? should be a nice fat 10mm headed bolt with lots of common earths on it. You don't even need to drill a hole as there is path from the boot to the cluster.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

I know about that one but was wondering if there was anywhere nearer the back seat as my amp has a nice thick earth wire attatched but its not long enough to reach the rear light clusters,

I may junk it and firt a new one long enough to go under the carpet and reach.

there is a row of bolts with brassy coloured heads along the floor at the back of the seat under the carpet , I did think about using one of them.

on another note I have replaced my rear window washer jet with one from my new box of bits , this one actually squirts where as the old one just used to dribble.

Oh and fitted the headlight protectors that were lurking in one of the boxes :lol: I will be sorting out what I dont need from the boxes and will let people on here have anything they can use .
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

yay 6X9 's wired up and working , all wiring connected to the head unit, just got to make a bracket for the cd changer,wire in the ignition controlled lives for the amp and changer and do the earth connections for the same.
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

today put the earth wire in as Vanny suggested using the earth bolt in the n/s light cluster aperture.
bent up the bracket for the changer ready to fit that tomorrow
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

rain stopped play yesterday so today I fitted the cd changer and got the live feed for the amp through the bulkhead ready to connect it to the battery,

If only mechanics was this easy :lol:
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

well on Saturday we removed the cause of the water leak, it was the bleed valve next to the thermostat, the rubber seal under it had perished quite badly and the problem had been made worse due to the fitting of a properly sealing rad cap :oops:
At the moment I have replaced it with a bolt smeared in a bit of plumbers sealent and its stopped the leak.

also took the starter motor out and gave it a good clean and checked and tightened the terminals and connectors.

We took the clutch arm off to make access to one of the starter bolts easier and checked it over. Its crack free so I greased it up and refitted
it.
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Mickey taker wrote:At the moment I have replaced it with a bolt smeared in a bit of plumbers sealent and its stopped the leak.
More commonly known as a 'Temporary permanent repair' :cry: :lol:
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

I knew there would be a technical term for it Kevan :lol:
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

cd changer fitted and working,

I must get some new cd's
Coldplay mylo Xyloto in the head unit
Plan B in slot 1 of the changer
Coldplay parachutes in slot 2
Coldplay X and Y in slot 3
Coldplay viva la diva in 4
Coldplay rush of blood in 5
And Hurts in 6 :lol:

Only negative this week is the mounting bolt for the block the oil filler cap fits in sheared off between the rubber and the plate it sticks to
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Mickey taker wrote: Coldplay
Coldplay
Coldplay
Coldplay
Coldplay
:shock:

Won't you be wanting to take a chainsaw to ... something after *THAT* amount of Coldplay? I find that any more than a few consecutive tracks of theirs start to become about as soothing as a pneumatic drill.

Also, I saw your request for a cylindrical thingy on FS/Wanted and thought 'Noooooo ...'. What's next, triangular thingy? :lol:

Sounds like it's all really coming together now - hope the everso complex leak repair holds!
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Caffiend wrote:
Mickey taker wrote: Coldplay
Coldplay
Coldplay
Coldplay
Coldplay
:shock:
And I was going to express surprise that after that much Coldplay exposure, a sheared mounting bolt is the ONLY negative that springs to mind...

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
saintjamesy89
1K Away
My Cars: 1985 Citroen BX19 GT
198x Citroen BX16 TRS auto
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
1991 Saab 900 16v convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Post by saintjamesy89 »

Oh dear, I expected better of you Mick! I'm not quite sure why coldplay (note the lack of capital letter - IMO they don't deserve one) are so successful, all of their songs sound the same to me.
Matt Fenwick wrote:And I was going to express surprise that after that much Coldplay exposure, a sheared mounting bolt is the ONLY negative that springs to mind...
Suicide by that exposure would be a positive Matt... :lol:
I'm not a Saint, or a James, but a Tom Saint-James!

Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
2006 Lexus RX 400h SE hybrid
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

ok Tom will replace them with pet shop boys, communards, erasure and yazoo just for you :lol:
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

saintjamesy89
1K Away
My Cars: 1985 Citroen BX19 GT
198x Citroen BX16 TRS auto
1991 Saab 900 16v convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Post by saintjamesy89 »

Mickey taker wrote:ok Tom will replace them with pet shop boys, communards, erasure and yazoo just for you :lol:
Lol, don't know any of those bands! Must be how not old I am tee hee hee :lol: If you really are going to put music in s'pecially for me, then i'd prefer Queens of the stone age, Muse, No Doubt, Evanescence, Mika, Alanis Morisette and any decent string instrument calssics.

Na, only joking Mick, I actually quite like Coldplay even though they're songs do sound remarkably similar.
I'm not a Saint, or a James, but a Tom Saint-James!

Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
2006 Lexus RX 400h SE hybrid