Sold: BX RD Estate, £600

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
robt
Confirmed BX'er

Sold: BX RD Estate, £600

Post by robt »

It's been fun owning this but time to move it on, so here goes...

Mileage - 133,850
MoT - 3rd April 2013
Tax – 30th September 2012
Location – Beckenham, South-East London
Price: £600

Overall condition

Body has some dents and scratches (the nearside having most) and paint has lifted in a few places on the roof, but the only notable rust is some bubbling on the rear arches and a few spots on the lower section of the driver’s door. The underneath is sound, if I were keeping it I’d do the wire brush and waxoyl treatment to further preserve it, and the hydraulics are in good order – it sinks at the back quite soon after parking up but rises back up fine. Mechanically is good due to being regularly serviced since new.

History

1 owner from 1988 to 2008 who serviced it at her local Citroen dealer every 6 months/6000 miles, or even sooner on a few occasions. She was French (and probably still is) so I reckon she did trips over to France in it every year when the services were close together.

2008 to September 2011 – second owner who replaced the octypus (receipt available) and the cambelt and waterpump, but I only got his verbal confirmation on the latter two items.

September 2011 onwards. I’ve done 2,000 miles during which time I’ve treated the car to several new parts to bring it up to scratch, it was a bit neglected when I bought it. Parts include oil and filter (twice to give it a clear out), air filter, coolant replaced, new accumulator and front spheres, drained the LHM and replaced with new after cleaning the reservoir and the filters, glow plugs, alternator voltage regulator, NS front suspension ball joint for MoT, new boot struts and two Uniroyal tyres (other two are at about 3mm).

It has a few niggles but nothing that detracts from the fact it drives rather well. Reason for selling is I’m looking to replace this with an automatic, preferably large and French. It also comes with a set of five correct wheel trims for the RD model.

PM if interested, cheers. I hope the price if fair, I'm sure someone will tell me if otherwise :wink:

Currently own:

1988 Citroen BX 19RD Estate
1990 Rover Montego GSi auto
1982 miniMetro L
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Thats so clean, thought your day was keeping it?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
robt
Confirmed BX'er

Post by robt »

On reflection the clutch is too heavy for him Tim, old boy has a dodgy leg! In an ideal world I'd be keeping it, but I must stick to a 3 car maximum what with funds being tight these days.
Currently own:

1982 miniMetro L
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

robt wrote:On reflection the clutch is too heavy for him Tim, old boy has a dodgy leg! In an ideal world I'd be keeping it, but I must stick to a 3 car maximum what with funds being tight these days.
Thats a shame, I just had a bew one in my 19TZD and its now very easy to operare, have you check the cable/clutch lever arm?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
robt
Confirmed BX'er

Post by robt »

Yes, forgot to say I greased the lever arm and generally tinkered with it and the pedal connection so atleast the movement is now smooth - beforehand it was a bit sticky, but the clutch remains on the heavy side.
Currently own:

1982 miniMetro L
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Lovely car, the price seams very fair and IMHO should sell quickly.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
robt
Confirmed BX'er

Post by robt »

Defender110 wrote:Lovely car, the price seams very fair and IMHO should sell quickly.
Thanks :) I'll be taking it to La Vie en Bleu in a few weeks so anyone who's interested can have a good look around it (assuming it hasn't sold by then of course).
Currently own:

1982 miniMetro L
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Does a heavy clutch mean it on its way out? Therefore more expense?

Andy
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

Mothman wrote:Does a heavy clutch mean it on its way out? Therefore more expense?

Andy
99% of the time yes, but as i found on you TZD the fork spindle was almost seized up solid in the nylon bush's when i had the gear box on my workshop floor,

although on removing the clutch plate it was worn down to past most of the grooves,

i think if that car is half as good as it looks in the photos its well worth the asking price,

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

To be honest, I've always found that RHD Citroens tend to have a heavy clutch. Presumably because the cable has a greater length than LHD. My Peugeot 306 was pretty horrific and I know the clutch was pretty fresh in that (certainly didn't have to replace it during 40,000 miles of ownership).

This looks great. Super-grey!
robt
Confirmed BX'er

Post by robt »

I would say the clutch is no heavier than a 405 I had use of recently, and I recall a BX GTi I drove years ago (it was 2 years old) was also on the heavy side. I'm more used to driving an auto these days so I find changing gear a bit tiresome in any car :D
Currently own:

1982 miniMetro L
Vince/Three

BX RD

Post by Vince/Three »

Hi, there BX'r!

Until about two years ago, I had a Red BX 1.4. It didn't even have pas or a sunroof. It was also a manual box, but after I parted with it I wished I hadn't. I live in the Lancashire countryside, and buses are not up to much and so I need a car. However, my Zafira is not as economical as I would like and us a 1.8. I would have your BX tomorrow, but at the moment don't have £600. I'm awaiting a compensation payment for an accident when a lady in a Fiat 500 ran into the back of me, but don't know when that will come. If the BX is still around then, I'll be in touch.

VinceThree
robt
Confirmed BX'er

Re: For Sale: BX RD Estate, now £500

Post by robt »

Price drop to £500 if anyone fancies it. Had a few good comments at La Vie en Bleu yesterday, but no takers unfortunately.
Currently own:

1982 miniMetro L
plooker

Re: For Sale: BX RD Estate, £600

Post by plooker »

Is your bx still for sale,i am very interested,yours mike horan.
robt
Confirmed BX'er

Re: For Sale: BX RD Estate, £600

Post by robt »

plooker wrote:Is your bx still for sale,i am very interested,yours mike horan.

Hello Mike,

Yes it's still here. However, I may be doing a swap for something else soon, will know for certain in the next few days.

PM me your email and I can send further photos if you wish.

Cheers
Rob
Currently own:

1982 miniMetro L