Mickys blogalog

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

'Coldplay'? Is that one of those new fangled beat combo/pop group young fella' me lads that make such a dashed hoo har? Rubettes? 1973? Marvellous! She was half woman, half fish. Terrible in the kitchen, but a bloody good swimmer. I don't know. I was very very drunk.(goes back to sleep).

Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

No, it's what you listen to when Pink Floyd (who I actually do like BTW) seems too upbeat for your current mood.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Major lolage at Rubettes Paul, nothing quite like a bit of "sugar baby love ".
Should I just put in some mud, showaddywaddy and glitter band then ?

Or how about goin all house of pain on your arse.
I have quite varied tastes in music but even I reach for the razor blades when Alana Delray gets played.

Not all coldplay stuff is the same (but you need all there albums to realize that ) and they do one of the best live shows ever.
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

well the car has behaved this week and I am beginning to appreciate what a nice place it is to be in. The interior is near on immaculate just got to get two of those round screw on trim retainers for the boot side trim panels as the ones I have are worn and pop off all the time.
I am hoping to make a start on the bodywork once the weather gets better, apart from the paint on the sunroof mechanism flaking, its pretty good from the bottom of the glass up,in fact its not bad from the waistline up, bit of surface rust on the sills to sort out the inner wing seam on one side and the rear arches to do ,
Not sure of the best way to tidy the bumper corners though.
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Willy
BXpert

Post by Willy »

Mickey taker wrote:just got to get two of those round screw on trim retainers for the boot side trim panels as the ones I have are worn and pop off all the time.
Where from? Half of mine have gone awol and the trim is just flapping about
ImageImageImageImageImage
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Oh the innocence of youth.

I have been asked 4 times this weekend if my car is "the one from back to the future"

Now where did I put my flux capacitor ? :lol:
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Oh the innocence of youth.

I have been asked 4 times this weekend if my car is "the one from back to the future"

Now where did I put my flux capacitor ? :lol:
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

So is that 8 times in total :?: :lol:
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

No Kevan,

That would be 4 in 2012 and four in 1956 and a crappy phone :lol:
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

Mickey taker
Over 2k

Re: Mickys blogalog

Post by Mickey taker »

little bit peed off today,
some twat in a black van hit the offside rear corner of the bumper yesterday and then drove off.
the car was parked and I was away from it for no more than ten minutes.
the witnesses who saw it gave me a number plate and said it was either a vauxhall or transit and that the bloke was to busy eating a sandwich to see what he was doing,
checked dvla and it comes back unfound.
have got to go to the police station to file a report and take all my paperwork in .
I could really do withou this ay the moment. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH :twisted:
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

merlyn
BXpert

Post by merlyn »

That's crap, I guess the number plate is only part right but without the CSI team you probably won't find it from a "partial".

How bad is the damage, can you sort it out yourself?
1992 BX 1.6 TXi automatic Bleu Sirene
(now sadly gone)

1999 Xantia 1.8 SX automatic Gris Quartz
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

merlyn wrote:That's crap
^That - sorry to hear it Mick, hope you managed to get it sorted without too much stress/trauma.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Its not bad , has just taken the paint off the corner and damaged the trim, its more annoying that he drove off ,
the old boy who got the number did it using his mirror :roll: instead of looking behind him so it could be anything .
He is convinced its a vauxhall though.
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Really sorry to hear about your misadventure Mickey - I'd be gutted :( Vauxhalls; a menace!

If yer like I could get my mate Mr. Knuckles to drop round with a few his 'associates'. Yer know, nuffin' too 'eavy like, just lean on him a bit; 'av a quite 'word', nail his 'ead to a coffee table, summat like that - just so he 'understands'! 8) :D
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

sounds like a plan Pauk, thanks for the offer !!
There was a mobile cctv unit patroling the area and a traffic warden issuing tickets that day because of parents illegally parking, It would be a right result if the cctv car got the van on camera going up the road before it hit my car.
When the schools kick out parking is a nightmare so I always get there early.
1991 BX Meteor 1.6