Does the price include postage?

Anything about BXs
AlanS
BXpert

Does the price include postage?

Post by AlanS »

By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

:?: :?: :?: :!:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

It`d be quite funny if you won it then took him to court to make him post it. Having said that despite saying he`ll `post it to Australia` he doesn`t actually say who`s going to pay for the privelidge does he?
Rather him than me :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

What`s the approximate conversion rate of Au dollars to GBP? I`m not planning to import one, God alone knows even I`m not that desperate, just as a matter of interest really.
Vauxhall apologist.
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Name your poison.

http://www.xe.com/

That BX incidentally is listed on another for sale place for A$6750 and is expected to pull around $5000 - $6500

FWIW, my car with about 120K klms on it is valued by insurance at $10,000 :shock: :shock:

Alan S :twisted:
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
M

Post by M »

AlanS wrote:FWIW, my car with about 120K klms on it is valued by insurance at $10,000 :shock: :shock:
Alan S :twisted:
Bloody hell - My ZX with 60K miles on the clock was worth about 25 pence.

I must see about starting up an import buisness to Oz
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Without setting off an international incident.... :shock: :roll: I think it should be also mentioned that we have some fairly strict (draconian?? :?: laws on both importing and compliancing of cars. So costs are staggering to do either and/or both so that option isn't viable.
They did the sums a while back on importing a 2CV. If it started say around A$500 in the UK, by the time it was ready for the road here, it would set you back around A$13,500 from memory.
The other point is that a car that you would consider "mint" over there would be rated as "average" here based on the imported cars I've seen. Where my sons series one 16V (imported) is a bit doggy, has rust in places where we've never seen rust, has most of the alloy parts covered in white corrosion etc, mine actually gets washed underneath. That's not being a poser doing that, it's done to wash the oil and LHM residues off the undersides, in fact this was what my car looked like under the rear a while back after it had been on dirt roads and before it was washed off.

I understand at present, there's a thing about exporting cars from Australia to other countries. It looks like there's some advantage in living in the driest continent on the planet; cars don't rust as fast. :lol:
For the record speaking of climate; 26 degree minimum here last night, predicted maximum between 33 and 35; wonder if we'll get a winter this year??

Alan S
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

If only Xantias were this simple :)
They think it's all over, it is now!