Parts prices.

Anything about BXs
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Parts prices.

Post by cavmad »

Anyone know how much a brand new (BX, of course) front brake caliper is likely cost from Citroen, GSF, Europarts etc please?
Thanks in advance,
Vauxhall apologist.
peterbot
Confirmed BX'er

Post by peterbot »

Citroen i think want over 200 quid for one. There is a brand new one on ebay at the moment. Might be worth watching.
peterbot
Confirmed BX'er

Post by peterbot »

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks chaps, that`s the one I`m watching currently but before I bid I wanted to know how much they were.
Do GSF and Europarts etc sell them still?
Vauxhall apologist.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

a very quick trip to the GSF website shows

N65615 BRAKE CALIPER-FRONT RH BX EXCL 16V SOLID DISCS 58.60
N65614 BRAKE CALIPER-FRONT LH BX EXCL 16V SOLID DISCS 58.60

so yes they do them and its just shy of £60 before the VAT
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Cheers Vanny, I`ve just e-mailed the seller. Got to get the estate through the MOT, it`s driving me mad now.
Vauxhall apologist.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

The seller (Danny) is very helpful, I was after a set of 16v calipers but he only had the normal ones. He has a pair of rear ones too.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

That`s him Mat! Just e-mailed back to me and he seems a very fair bloke. Looks like a deal will be struck later today and I`m asking for prices of other parts too.
Incidentally if anyone`s interested I priced up some new genuine Citroen handbrake cables for the BX today. They were circa £23.00 each plus VAT but the girl in parts said Citroen were now selling non Citroen parts for older Citroens at discounted (on genuine) Citroen parts.
Quoted £18.17 each plus VAT which doesn`t seem to bad. Thought it worth mentioning as she said there were various parts/cars which qualified for these parts.
I assume (without her actually telling me this) that they are made by the same company but just don`t say Citroen on the box or the parts? I can`t see any other way that Citroen would want to sell non Citroen parts from their franchised dealers?
Vauxhall apologist.
M

Post by M »

Actually I thought Sleepy was posting up a list of parts his dealership was flogging off - as if there are any cheap Xantia consumables I may stock up (handbrake cables and the like).
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Apologies Marty, I think Sleepy was doing that. I only mentioed what my local dealer said in case it was of some use to anyone.
I`ll ask Sleep later if his contact has any cables in stock.
Vauxhall apologist.
M

Post by M »

No need to apologise :D
Well, any HDi Xantia bits really - but cables being a very useful thing to have, and drive belts, and so on. Even body parts :twisted:
AdrianO
Confirmed BX'er

Post by AdrianO »

Never had a problem wih GSF parts. Obviously whether you want their cheapo spark plugs or wipers is a different question. Flexible front brake hose cost me £25 from a Citroen dealer, and about £6 from GSF I remember.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Hi yes i do have the parts list which i emailed to vanny and he was going to put them in pdf format and post them but i do have the pages scanned in JPG format if anyone want them.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Here's a posting from today off a forum over here that gives you some idea of how they shaft owners here.

This is work supposedly done on a Pug 205
gday all,

i put my 205 GTi in for its first service during my ownership a little while ago, as it was my frist service i expected there to be extra work requred, 1800 dollars worth it turns out. im nearly due for another service, and from the previous there are a few other areas that need work.

so i my query is: was a ripped off? T
The following is a list of what was done last service and the pricings

Engine oil: $38.01
Sump PLug Washer: $1.10
oil filter: $27.50
Air filter: $31.21
Fuel Filter: $62.00
Spark Plugs x 4: $17.60
wiper inserts x 3: $16.50
oil dip stick: $13.75
brake pads: $113.30
disc rotors: $200.04
brake fluid: $25.00
upper strut mounts: $116.60
outer tie rod ends: $105.60
flange kit: $58.00
rear flexible lines: $51.00
radiator cap: $6.80
hazard switch: $35.00
11.5 hours of labour: $885.50

Further:
the following is a list of further work required, some were given with approximate pricings..

Coolant Flush
Outer C/V boot starting to crack
L/H side of radiator weeping coolant
r/h/r lower radiator hose cracked
cam belt $650
Distributer seal weeping oil
middle muffler cracked and slightly leaking
starter motor rebuild $500

If anyone knows and would be kind enough to tell me if i was ripped off in regards to my first service, and (i know im pushing it) any approximations on the pricings of the work required.. When it come to mechanics im a novice and as a result, sourcing out parts is like finding a needle in a hay stack for me!

much appreciated..

ash
Scarey stuff hey??

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Good grief, those buggers must have gold spanners :? :? it would probably be cheaper to post the car over here, get it sorted then post it back, re BX hndbrake cables, I pay around a tenner for pattern ones at my local.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft