CCC East Midland Group Meet - Run to Wells - 24th June 2012.

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Citroening
BXpert

CCC East Midland Group Meet - Run to Wells - 24th June 2012.

Post by Citroening »

Apologies for this being a bit late in the day, however hopefully it won't affect anyone's plans as the date for our Run to Wells has been in the Calender for a while...

Our Run of Peterborough to Wells Next The Sea will be taking place this Sunday, the 24th June.

If you took apart last year, it will be very much the same concept.

You will be provided with a route book that consists of simple 'tulip' style instructions and also some questions to be answered en-route with prizes awarded at the end of the run - therefore it would be best if you had a passenger to navigate and write answers etc!

However, we understand that not everyone will have a passenger but you can of course follow us/others in convoy for a nice cruise through the off the beat and track roads through the Norfolk Countryside.

The start point will be at the Aldi Supermarket Carpark in Peterborough - the postcode for this is PE2 8SH.

Regarding timings, we should aim to meet for 9:30am with a leave time of 10:00am.

The route is around 80 miles from Peterborough to Wells.

Price-wise, the run will cost £5 to cover printing costs, and the parking at Wells will be £5 which you will pay when you get there.

We had a total of 13 cars last year however I know we can do better than that! If you plan to take part, please can you let me know so I have a rough idea of the number of booklets to have printed.

Any questions, please ask!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: CCC East Midland Group Meet - Run to Wells - 24th June 2

Post by Tim Leech »

Working again.....
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

You beat me to it Tim. I'm working...
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

I'm going to set up a support group entitled " Sunday workers anonymous ". Asides from myself and Tim, anyone else wish to join?!
Mark Smith

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.

Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

I probably should be working as I'm so behind with college stuff, but I've just got beyond worrying about it now.

If anyone is going and wants a completely brain-frazzled passenger/navigator/reader-outer-of-questions for you to answer (see first adjective), then I think I'd actually be fairly up for an easy day not driving (gasp!) as long as I get a drop-off back to where my car is so I can get home. Offers?

EDIT: shoulda said, ofc happy to share costs!
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

I'm going as Franklin has the wheel bolts for my TGD alloys and I'm aiming to pick them up at this particular bash.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Sorry, can't make it - I'm playing old bicycles in York
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Citroening
BXpert

Post by Citroening »

Good to hear Paul and I'll bring those bolts with me...

Numbers are coming in nicely - up to 8 already with a great range of Citroens...
Daisy
BXpert
My Cars: Citroen BX 19TGD 1991 "Daisy" RIP 21/7/2014
Citroen BX 19TGD 1990 "Myrtille "

Post by Daisy »

Count us in - Andrew and I will be fighting over which BX to take (and who gets to navigate) :D
'90 19TGD 'Olympic Blue' "Myrtille"
'91 19TGD 'Alpine White' 28.02.91-21.07.14 "Daisy" R.I.P
Still on the road - Many thanks to Rob Moss at Chevronics, Hitchin, Herts
Citroening
BXpert

Post by Citroening »

Good to hear and thanks for letting me know - you're on the list! :)
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Despite an unpromising start weather-wise, 'twas a very enjoyable day. Would have liked longer to just wander round Wells-next-the-sea - never been there before, but another time maybe. Fish and chips were delicious and well worth the wait. I could blame the driver and say that said wait was caused by dirty car trauma, but I'd be lying: late arrival at Wells was mostly caused by a coffee stop and the "navigator" sending us off in entirely the wrong direction at one point and taking about 4 miles to work out where in the hell we were :oops:

'Twas a good turnout with a couple of shiny DSs to admire and it was good to meet a few new people and say hello to some familiar faces too. I did take a couple of pics but unfortunately they are all crap because me being a rubbish photographer anyway was not assisted by the sun being in the wrong place, so I'm not posting them. Or I was stood in the wrong place, whatever. Yes, sun - the weather did improve! I'm sure that others will have had better results and be able to produce a line up.

Thanks to Franklin for an interesting and challenging route, which must have taken considerable time to put together, and to Paul for being extra-ordinarily patient with the additional scenery, the diversion was totally on purpose to avoid even bigger puddles, honest, I know that those other roads would have made the Hurricane EVEN FILTHIER.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Citroening
BXpert

Post by Citroening »

Had a good day today on the Wells Run - bit down on numbers with a few of the regulars not being able to make it but still a good day. :-D

As per all CCC Events there was rain (!) which meant that as the run is based on off the beat and track narrow roads through the Norfolk countryside, things got interesting! At one point the road itself was being washed away by the rain... The weather at the early stages was, I must admit, appalling however that added to the fun... :wink:

We decided to bring the Sport out for a blast and the backroads near to Wells were excellent fun in the Sport and what a car - fantastic! Absolutely fantastic. The amount of fun we had with it was evident by how dirty it now is... :lol:

At the end of the day though the sun did come out with some blue skies which ended the day nicely. 8-)

We had a total of 8 Citroens take part this year with a good range of models including two XMs, three BXs, two DSs and the fabulous 6 window van (with GS 1300cc engine - the noise was superb!).

Took a lot of pics but here's a few:

Meet at Aldi:

Sport and Sandre's TZD:

What's that coming over the hill?!!

Nice big puddle...

Would have been rude not too!!! :lol:

First few at Wells:

XM-by-Sea:

Sport resting:

Brightened up at the end of the day...

Thanks to all that took part and hope you enjoyed it - good to see everyone again...
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

I see mummy won Anne Marie :D
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Sport looks great, sort the paint out on that wiper arm though Franklin!.......NT Shaw of Louth have some new ones in stock for £10 each....
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Looks like a " grand day out ". Cracking pics Franklin. Love the " money shot " of the Sport. =D>
Mark Smith