CCC East Midland Group Meet - Run to Wells - 24th June 2012.

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Re: CCC East Midland Group Meet - Run to Wells - 24th June 2

Post by Paul296 »

Citroening wrote: Meet at Aldi:
Oi! What's that heap of junk doing in front of my Hurricane!? :shock: :D

Well, I had a lovely day. What the turn out lacked in quantity it more than made up for in quality; the people as well as the cars. Steve's fabulous DS23 is always a sight for sore eyes and it was great to see the 'Sport' in the metal (my former comment notwithstanding!); beautiful, unmolested and original. I wouldn't fix any of it really; it's been so well cared for what 'damage' there is might better be described as 'patina'.

Wells was as pretty as I remembered it being (the last time I was there was 1985) and you can't beat seaside fish and chips in terms of pleasure per pound spent. The only real drawback was that my Hurricane got filthy - I was NOT happy! :D
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Excellent pix, thanks Franklin! My poor TZD looks very lonely, but at least it had the dustbin to snuggle up to while parked up for the day.

Note to self: if actually going in the right direction, do not think it's funny to tell the driver to turn around just after aquaplaning through a particularly juicy muddy puddle. It's not big and it's not clever. Also, it's a bloody long walk home.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
saintjamesy89
1K Away
My Cars: 1985 Citroen BX19 GT
198x Citroen BX16 TRS auto
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
1991 Saab 900 16v convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Post by saintjamesy89 »

You didn't Sandre?!! Cars do look fab, as does the sky in many of those photo's, very turner-esque.
I'm not a Saint, or a James, but a Tom Saint-James!

Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
2006 Lexus RX 400h SE hybrid
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

I did, because I am second cousin to the Antichrist, remember? (Edit: Not the actual Antichrist because I relented and confessed before a U-turn and drive back through took place)

You would have loved the drive itself Tom, I grew up in the Cotswolds, so prefer hills, but the Norfolk scenery was spectacular in its own way with some dramatic cloud formations. Many chocolate-box pretty villages too.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
saintjamesy89
1K Away
My Cars: 1985 Citroen BX19 GT
198x Citroen BX16 TRS auto
1991 Saab 900 16v convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Post by saintjamesy89 »

Ah yeah that! How many people is it you haven't killed so far? I was only being sarcy anyway, but you confessed your sin so all forgiven I see :lol:

I do appreciate pretty drives, all I seem to be doing is boring motorway or local-seen-it-all-before-far-too-many-times roads. The clouds look fab don't they? Much helped by Franklin's rather good photo skills. That sport looks bloodey lovely too.
I'm not a Saint, or a James, but a Tom Saint-James!

Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
2006 Lexus RX 400h SE hybrid
Citroening
BXpert

Post by Citroening »

Glad you enjoyed it the day Sandre, and Paul - hope the Hurricane didn't get too dirty. I know it did though... :twisted: :wink:

Thanks for the comments re pictures, I was happy with how they came out even considering it was very overcast for most of it. Couldn't resist the Sport picture through the large puddle...

I'd recommend the run for anyone that fancies it next year - the roads into Norfolk and near Wells are great if you fancy putting your Sporty BX through it's paces - perhaps we can get some more Sporty Citroens/BXs there next time?

Re the wiper-blade Tim, the Sport is more of the driving BX as opposed to the concourse car, although it is still very presentable indeed and totally original! Those twin Solex's love the fuel though especially when putting the speed down... Worth it though, just for the sound if anything! =P~
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I have a spare one with black paint on your welcome too if times are that hard..... :wink:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....