Green K reg TZD Est 60k one owner.

Anything about BXs
ken newbold
Over 2k

Green K reg TZD Est 60k one owner.

Post by ken newbold »

Had my eye (the good one) on this immaculate TZD estate for a couple of years now.

The owner's retired so I only ever see it out on sundays or just knocking about local. I know exactly where it lived as two of my customers live either side of it.
Today while I'm working for one of them, they asked if I could pop next door to have a look at a little job for them. YES I thought, now's my chance. :D

I went round and after about 30 seconds ish, I asked if they still had the BX estate car?, no he says, it's been gone a few months now. Things were starting to wrong with it, it's was old and the milage was getting high, 60,000 when it went. The turbo had stopped working, they fixxed it once but it only lasted 3 months and packed in again. Did it smoke, no just wouldn't go really. On top of that the heater blower stopped working so we thought it best to let it go.

What happened, did you part exchange it?. They only offered us £25 for it :o So I asked what did you do with it then.

Took the £25 quid. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

and I'm still crying.

I kid you not, this car was in showroom condition. The only reason I hadn't knocked on their door earlier was I thought it would be out of my price range so there's no point in pestering them.

They've now got a brand new Picasso and £25 quid.

How stupid are some people, and how greedy are the stealers, they probably had a customer lined up already for the car.

I'm gutted.
They think it's all over, it is now!
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Damn, I hate it when that happens, we are probably too polite or something.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I bet they took it straight to the auction or straight to scrap Ken. Main dealers won`t touch cars over about 5 years old and 99% of then send cars to auctions. The odd one may offer them to their staff but if they thought the car wasn`t worth a light it might have gone straight to scrap :cry:
If you know the reg. number go on the RAC or DVLA website and key the number in, it should at least tell you whether it`s still taxed or not.
Vauxhall apologist.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Good idea that, I'm going back in the morning to do the work, I'll ask them for the number, it might be interesting.

Or just plain heartbreaking. :x
They think it's all over, it is now!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Let`s hope it`s the former. Btw, if it did go to auction ask the dealer which auction it went to and when. Then go to the auction, give them reg number and date and leave your contact details to be passed on to whoever bought it. If they`ve anything about them they`ll find out who bought it and contact them.
Then simply sit by your phone and wait for some chiselling tw*tter of a greed merchant to call you up and offer it to you for a 9000% mark up.
Vauxhall apologist.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Checked DVLA site today and not surprisingly it's still on the road.
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Living in a country where (at present) there's less than a handful of BXs advertised for sale and about 20 Xantias, you have to grab them when they're there which is why I have a bloody big garage and cars parked outside.
You can't wait until you want a car to then try to buy it.
I advertised a Fraud I own tonight on an exchange for a "faulty French car" in the hope that I can get one of Henry's best out of my life and replace it with hopefully a BX or Xantia.
I'll bet you though, that some silly bugger will sell his Frogmobile off for a pittance with a fault I could fix in an hour because some dodgy greasemonkey has told them it would cost thousands to fix.
I've tried before, but they'll do themselves in every time; crazy.

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.