EBAY: BX TGD TURBO

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

EBAY: BX TGD TURBO

Post by Ian_Fearn »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1992-CITROEN-BX17 ... dZViewItem

The seller responded to my questions and has since changed the advert due to the rear arch rust. He seems like an honest chap though with little to hide. No tax, MOT or service history and a starting bid of 500quid though :?:

I replied back and said 500 was too much without an MOT. What does everybody else think?
Over and out from me
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Only by about £499 judging by what I've heard today.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Perhaps he saw the north-east TZD go for £960 and thought "I'll have a bit of that".With no t+t though,I fear he may struggle
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

With no tax or test he WILL struggle. I sell quite a few cars with no MOT because I genuinely don`t get time to take them due to workload so it doesn`t neccessarily mean it won`t want much for test.
How about suggesting to him you`ll come up there and you both take it for MOT. If it passes, or wants only a small amount of work, buy it.
Anything else then run a mile and if he won`t let you do that tell him to take off the last two digits on the price and you`ll consider it.
Oh, and if you do go for an MOT with him take a twenty quid deposit and get a receipt saying it`s a deposit on final price dependant on outcome for MOT.
That way if it goes straight through he can`t suddenly decide he`s upping the price.
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Looking at it I'd say it's a tarted up joke at £500. Start (no reserve) bidding at £100 he might get some interest.

Disillusioned tw*t.

:D
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Philip chidlow wrote:Looking at it I'd say it's a tarted up joke at £500. Start (no reserve) bidding at £100 he might get some interest.

Disillusioned tw*t.

:D
Easy now Phil!

I told the seller i thought 500quid was too much and he replied with....:

Hi, I can understand you thinking that £500 is a lot to ask for it, and if it doesn't sell, it will be!! I may fall flat on my face, but with 17 watchers in the first day of 7 days, I am optimistic that someone else will think the price is worth it.

With a response like that he seems fairly honest!
Over and out from me
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well, good luck if he sells it for that. Good on 'im! I stand by my opinion that it looks too tarted up though... but there're bits like the bumper trim that are in scrappy condition. Anyway, I was a bit grumpy when I wrote the post! (Working on a Friday night until the early hours of Saturday... and again working all day and evening today) Mind you, I should just think of the money, I suppose lol :D
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Good point Ian but I had 53 watchers one a car i sold and it never got close to reserve. I say that to gee you up a bit because I think he`ll struggle. He MIGHT get a lone bid if he`s lucky but too many other people are going to wonder why he didn`t MOT himself if it`s so good.
Keep an eye on it though because these type of listings (expensive starts) have a habit of suddenly being drastically reduced with a day or so to go when the vendor realises no-one`s going to bid. It`s all about biding your time i.m.h.o.
Vauxhall apologist.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Obviously a dealer from the photo location, looks tidy enough, I treated rust like that this week on the Hooligan, not bad yet but why the fellow doesnt stick it through a test is suspicious.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Looks to me that the rear bumpers been handpainted back, plus its got rust in the usual places! My TZD was in far better nick than that and it sold for £360.00!
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

To be honest the more i drive the Xantia the more i cant see me going diesel!
Over and out from me
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

MOT'd or not I reckon he's being genuine when he uses the word mint. Bar the rust spots on the rear 1/4's its very clean.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Just had another email off this bloke. This seems to be VERY honest.

Hi Ian,

You got me thinking that maybe the car would sell better and hopefully for more with a fresh MOT, so I have taken it for a test this afternoon. If it fails (which, having taken it there myself, I don't really expect it to), I will amend the listing to tell potential buyers what will be needed to get it passed. Thanks for your comments I have taken them on board!

Cheers,

Alyn.
Over and out from me
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I'd better be prepared to eat my words I guess... :roll:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Good on him then Ian. You might find the car is worth going for now, good luck if you do.
Vauxhall apologist.