M

Rip off central...

Post by M »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/How-to-Avoid-Citr ... dZViewItem

Fantastic, or just search the web....
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

`0 areas on the bodywork to check` :shock: . He obviously didn`t inspect the estate I scrapped today c/w Swiss cheese stylee inner wings :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Feeling:twisted: so I sent him this email.....

"0 area(s) on the bodywork to inspect"

How about rust in the front sub frame, front inner wings, rear inner wings and in the rear boot floor area........

Or I can look it another, this kind of crap info keeps the prices down for the likes of us!
1991 Landrover Discovery
1995 VW Golf SE
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Somebody just trying to get rich quick by selling guides stating the obvious. This one is years out of date anyway! It probably covers other mainstream models like the Nissan Cedric and Toyota Clown.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

I see his price has gone up 500+% from the price his one feedback customer paid this year!

You can't even classify this type of greed as a joke! It's certainly money for old rope. :evil:

(BTW did you see that program on TV where the reporter advertised a piece of old rope on Ebay and someone actually bought it! :shock: )
1991 BX19GTi Auto
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Way2go wrote:You can't even classify this type of greed as a joke! It's certainly money for old rope. :evil:
I'd go even further than that, and say that this is money for the information on where you might find some old rope! What a complete con. I bet it's nothing more than the information that's in the older parkers price guides.
Way2go wrote: (BTW did you see that program on TV where the reporter advertised a piece of old rope on Ebay and someone actually bought it! :shock: )
I did.. but the buyer had the last laugh on that as if I remember rightly, he paid about 30p + £1 postage, wheras it cost the seller loads more than that for the postage. :lol: :lol:
this might be a signature
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Mr B wrote:Feeling:twisted: so I sent him this email.....

"0 area(s) on the bodywork to inspect"

How about rust in the front sub frame, front inner wings, rear inner wings and in the rear boot floor area........
Got this reply

"Hi These reports are written based on researching mechanics that work on the models in question. We will now look into your points and find out why they have been missed. Thank you for making contact. Really appreciate all feedback. If we can help you at anytime, we have data on 330 cars and growing all the time."

:roll:
1991 Landrover Discovery
1995 VW Golf SE
ernst stavro blofeld
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ernst stavro blofeld »

These E rags are aimed at people who should not be buying a BX anyway. If you don't know how to mend cars, the BX isn't for you because any Ebay car will need some mending. Where we score is in knowing how to mend them so they stay mended and knowing exactly which bits to mend.