Coventry Transport Museum day out 29 TH July.

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Re: Coventry Transport Museum day out 29 TH July.

Post by ren16tx »

will be there in my yellow Visa!!!
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I'm afraid it'll rain tomorrow - I washed the GS and gave it a quick polish today. last time I did that was late March :oops:
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Not a bad turn out;

2 VALVERS!!!! It's practically un-heard of!

Jazz isn't looking too shabby either, though with 8 days left to the ICCCCCCR, there are a lot of things i won't be sorting!

I rather enjoyed the day, chilled, interesting and in good company. Thanks to those who made the journey, see you in a week or so!

PS Tim, did you have to swim home? There was an epic weather system that seemed to sitting over Derby (ish) on my journey home.
merlyn
BXpert

Post by merlyn »

Nice to put some faces to names. Sorry I didn't get to chat much, Nathan wanted to catch up with his exschool friend who moved to Coventry at Easter. We both enjoyed our day out though, the museum was well worth a visit.

Thanks to Mark for helping me to find my way there.
1992 BX 1.6 TXi automatic Bleu Sirene
(now sadly gone)

1999 Xantia 1.8 SX automatic Gris Quartz
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

A lovely day, great to meet you Jane and Nathan, your TXi is a beauty, the GT did indeed get rinsed on the way home but is safe and dry in her garage. Sadly I was a bit under the weather and feeling rather strange (more strange than usual) so couldnt wait to get home.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Who's is the blue one? Looks a lovely colour. Also is that Charles' TZD Evasion estate?
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

The ice blue 16TXi auto is Janes aka Merlyns.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Yep, 2nded on the various comments above - great day out, great to meet everyone, either again or for the 1st time.
2 VALVERS!!!! It's practically un-heard of!
Oh, I dunno - If the BXClub events I've been to this year so far are anything to go by, todays valver turnout was a low one in percentage terms!

Mark - Thanks for organising this - to think you were worried whether it would go well!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
merlyn
BXpert

Post by merlyn »

Tim Leech wrote:A lovely day, great to meet you Jane and Nathan, your TXi is a beauty,
Thank-you kind sir, praise indeed. :D
1992 BX 1.6 TXi automatic Bleu Sirene
(now sadly gone)

1999 Xantia 1.8 SX automatic Gris Quartz
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Thanks to everyone for turning up to my first event as planning officer. :) It was a great day out, but it is the people that attend said event, that make it so. Thanks guys.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Thanks for arranging the day Mark, top job (especially since organising BXC-ers seems to be worse than herding cats) and good practice for Scotland next year, get to it ;P

I always have mixed feelings about car museums - so much better for them to be giving people pleasure by looking at them and indulging in bouts of nostalgia rather than being bean cans. But also seems a shame in a way that so many of them will never be driven again, although pleased to hear from Vanny that some of them do get outings every so often.

Nostalgia: W-T-F? - how can that be in a museum, I was ALIVE when those were commonly seen on the streets :shock: Also the old Public Service Announcements - who remembers the Tufty Club, and a very young Jimmy Saville (RIP) urging us to klunk-click every trip ... ah, those were the days.

Really interesting day out though, and the Land Speed Record replay simulator was just plain fun :D

About fifthed on nice to catch up with some familiar faces and meet some new ones - look forward to catching up with most at the ICCCR and others at future events :)
Last edited by Caffiend on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

Gret Day! than =D> ks!
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Yes - an excellent day out both meeting folks familiar and new and the museum itself - many thanks to Mark for organising, for Vanny's directions, and to John for the guided tour around Coventry centre and the cathedrals.

Hope you're feeling better soon Tim.
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
misterd

Post by misterd »

Thanks guys for the warm welcome to the BX club, i have never been to a event having owned a car for such a short time (about 20 mins i reckon] . Great day out and interesting museum. thanks for organising the day and look forward to seeing you at the icccr.
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Well, I had a very nice time again and got to drive Tim's GT on the way home. I can confirm it drives just as good as it looks, which for a car that's older than I am ( :^o ) is impressive.