British Classic needs a home.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

British Classic needs a home.

Post by tim leech »

I know its not a BX but does anyone fancy giving a british classic a good home? Im thinking my 1973 Triumph 2000 is going to take more time than I currently have spare.

The bodys in very good condition (except for the drivers sill/ front valence which is needs welding or replacing) the interior is excellent, the 6 cyliner engine starts easily/burns NO oil and moves forward and backward when I bleed the clutch again! The chrome also is good for its age, it has 4 old but unsued tyres fitted, its showing 26000miles but I dont know how genuine it is. The brakes are in need of work (as they dont!) but I will supply new shoes and rear cylinder repair kits and a brand new centre exhaust too!

The only other things I can see it needing are bulbs and a service. Shes been off the road garaged since 1983 but does have a new logbook and a few spares/and 3 owners manuals!, the car is completly original down to its 1983 tax disc/ jack and tools and period radio and to be fair looks very handsome in its dark blue paint.

It will need trailering though as it has no mot and of course the brakes dont work.

Im only looking for about £300 ONO as I need the space for my BX/Xantia!
Any interested parties let me know.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Shes needs a good home!
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Is this a Triumph 2000 MK1 or MK2? The difference is the front end. Does it have the later stag-style headlamps/grille, or the earlier single headlamps with indicators below?

My father bought a 2000 MK1 in blue brand new in 1972, and if this is a similar model, then it might have to be restored as a retirement present for him.
this might be a signature
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I think `73 will make it a Mk2 David. BTW Tim, if I had the time and money I`d love to have the car. Doesn`t sound like a massive job to get it up and running/MOT`d again and a British classic is certainly is.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Its definatly a MK2 matey and as Cavmad says doesnt need much work really, most of the parts you need come with the car. I may end up doing it up myself if I get the time to do it. It so mechanically simple even I can manage the oily bits!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Its a lovely looking car and has the period wing mounted chrome mirrors which you cant see out off! Being honest a weekends work would see her roadworthy!
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Saloon.... or Estate?

An important consideration! ;)

Pics would be nice :)

Mark.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Saloon, can add pictures at the weekend.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

£250 reserve.
Last edited by tim leech on Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Now on fleabay! Take a look guys! Have 8 watchers already and a few question so I may get lucky I hope! I need the garage and the cash for the 16v lol
Last edited by tim leech on Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Mighty fine looking car Tim
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Yes but sadly I have had a rather odd email from a banger racer saying that if he wins it he WILL race it! Oh no he wont cos I wont sell it to him the scroat!

Anyone know if you can refuse to sell a item?
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

So guys someone get in and save it!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

It`ll just be another tosser with nothing better to do than annoy people on eBay. I doubt you could refuse to sell it to someone but you could add him to your blocked bidder`s list.
Vauxhall apologist.