Oscar
1K Away

What I'll be up to after Easter

Post by Oscar »

Plans for next week:
Replace pinion valve with scrapper valve, rebuild original and refit. £15
Replace engine mountings. £15
Replace rear-arm bearings. £44

Spending a week underneath the car while SWMBO is at work: Priceless!

It will be really good to get these jobs done before summer comes and we start driving again.
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

My plans for Easter:

Replace the rear spoiler.

Weld boot floor.

All to be done while the rest of the world is fighting to drive up the M6 :roll:
1991 Landrover Discovery
1995 VW Golf SE
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

My plans for easter

Work Friday and Saturday, do sod all sunday and monday! Try and fix the brakes on the Triumph 2000! on tuesday!

AM getting BX withdrawal symptoms! I havent driven my 19TZS for 6 weeks as its run out of MOT and needing the parts to fix it! Which are a Bumper/Front Brake flexis and on the cosmetic side a drivers door seal so its doesnt turn into a 4 wheeled pond! :roll:
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Camping at the coast, in the BX, new tent to try out, REST!
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Yes I considered camping too, but it just means putting this lot off, plus SWMBO wants to visit relatives in Ukraine later, so we need holiday days and money.

Where do you usually go, Stewart?
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

We get Friday, Sat, Sun, Monday and Tuesday off.

Friday will be spent welding up my mates 2cv, the rest i'll be doing my disseration... :(
Over and out from me
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

My boat lives on a place called Shell island on the welsh coast Oscar, I have not used it for a couple of seasons so it needs TLC so I thought I might kill two birds, as well as that if it gets really nasty then the boat tends not to flap and has central heating :)
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Brewing more booze before the weather gets too cold to activate the yeast, *** preparation for the painters and tilers after Easter, *** brewing more booze, *** spraying weeds whilst we still have a bit of growing weather to kill them off, *** brewing more booze, *** doing a bit of outside cleaning and detailing on the Tri Estate, *** brewing more booze, might try and whip out the swing arms on the Wagon too as they look a bit sloppy, *** brewing more booze, *** general tidying up and.......... ***** brewing more booze.

Option #2

Brewing booze and then spending time on tasting using "research and development" as an excuse.
Building a solid set of shelves to hold aforesaid booze.

That sounds much better!! :twisted: :oops:

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

the rest i'll be doing my disseration... :([/quote]

Are you taking tablets for that :?: :D

I`m actually going to do naff all over Easter I think. I`ve had this week off work and got loads done so far as it is.
Scrapped two cars, collected about three, tidied back yard, collected MOT fail BX estate, looked after the little ones, collected `er indoors from work, cleaned the truck, been the football and got completely p*ss*d. Can`t ask for more!
Oh, and have our family holiday to sunny Blackpool booked and paid for the day after daddy`s little princess`s tenth birthday in May :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

well my plans for the long weekend are to potter about in the garden a little bit, drink a few too many pints sleep a bit too much and maybe if i am feeling adventurous pop up and watch brother sail whilst sitting on the beach weather permitting! then retire to a pub close to home on the beach and drink some more!!
a good plan me thinks!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Only thing planned so far, is to fit a new timing belt on to the MK1 and then,

The ceremonial handing over of the keys. :cry:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I'll hopefully be giving the BX a good clean and polish, weather permitting - and the little plastic bits on the front edge of the rear arches are going to get a blow-over (breeze permitting!)...

But I think the family will have other ideas - like storm off to Frinton for a couple of day breaks. Not that I'd mind, really: I am going a bit stir-crazy!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v