30th "Anniversaire at Aulnay Citroën Factory September 22nd

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
citsncycles
Over 2k

Re: 30th "Anniversaire at Aulnay Citroën Factory September 2

Post by citsncycles »

Well, after viewing all these pictures of this wonderful event, I can definitely say that Timex was once again the biggest shed in attendance!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

citsncycles wrote:Well, after viewing all these pictures of this wonderful event, I can definitely say that Timex was once again the biggest shed in attendance!
Well, looks aren't everything. Remember the Velveteen Rabbit!

“Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand.”

Cars are bit like people in that respect. We've all been round the block a few times! :D
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Paul296 wrote:
citsncycles wrote:Well, after viewing all these pictures of this wonderful event, I can definitely say that Timex was once again the biggest shed in attendance!
Well, looks aren't everything. Remember the Velveteen Rabbit!

“Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand.”

Cars are bit like people in that respect. We've all been round the block a few times! :D
Yeah and as soon as the rabbit became real it jumped across the farmers field onto the A49 and was squashed by my truck!! :)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

mds141 wrote:including a BX getting sideswiped by a 5 series Beemer.
It's a Peugeot 309, then a BX, then a 309 then a BX again, amazing little car (or crap continuity!)

There where 5 BX on that clip that i counted, although like Ronin, one of then crashes, then miraculously appears a few minutes later driving around un harmed!

I still think the 'drive' in Rendevouz is the most impressive car scene in a film. Even if it was done in some old volvo with Ferrari engine noises put on afterwards! Unfortunately some idiot production company have bought the rights and removed in from the interenetz so if you've never seen it, you'll have to buy it :(
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

It has had some admiration from our French counterparts!
Salut à tous.

J" apporte ma petite contribution aux "trente ans" avec cette BX qui a surement bien bourlingué sur les petites routes de GB , marqué par les années de labeur et le climat Saharien de ce pays. Pas de raison, elle a aussi droit à son "heure de gloire".

Translation: Hello all. I'm adding my little contribution to the 30 years with this BX which has surely been well knocked around on the little roads in GB, marked by years of labour and the Saharan climate of the country. No reason, she also has the right to her moment of glory.*

Follow up comments were someone approving of seeing a BX "in all its juice" (idiom defeats me there); a note to the effect that it's nearly rat look (don't shoot the messenger) and one saying that you could feel its misery (awww - I wouldn't go that far meself, I think its awesome that Timex made it that far - it's a REAL car.)

Mike, I'll do me best to Francify and send a response to that thread if you want me to - don't think you can see it directly without being logged in.

*The only word I had to look up there was bourlingué. Go me :D
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

a note to the effect that it's nearly rat look (don't shoot the messenger) and one saying that you could feel its misery (awww - I wouldn't go that far meself, I think its awesome that Timex made it that far - it's a REAL car.)
I would have to say that Timex is currently a proper rat look car - one that has collected the dents and rust through years of use and abuse, not by taking the paint off with a grinder to make a car look scruffier than it really should be.

If they wanted to see misery, they should have seen it a few weeks back, with water pouring out of both the hoses and the floors, worn out steering and dodgy(er) electrics.

If you could thank them for their (mostly favorable) comments, assure them that the future of this rare estate is safe, and that once I have collected all the parts to sort the bodywork, hopefully sometime next year, it will be getting a makeover, although It'll never be perfect.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Xemes
BXpert

Post by Xemes »

Don't worry Mike I was very glad to meet Timex and also to be narrated the history of that maybe last estate sold : watching Timex we realize what kind of life could be the one of such an estate
Just a funny comment : on the plate the letters " C K C " does not make an hint to the dog breed Cavalier King Charles (french for King Charles spaniel ) but when pronounced it sound in french like : " it's broken"

Caffiend said : (don't shoot the messenger)
I just add : nor the translator :mrgreen:
Development must go through simplification
1986 BX 16 RS 9 000 miles bleu romantique
1987 BX 16 TRS automatic white 50 000 miles
Xemes
BXpert

Post by Xemes »

In its own juice ( from the french : dans son jus ) means that the car have never been restored just repaired and kept in condition to stay on the road
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Thanks Chris, remind me to ask you about the donkey ( :lol: )
citsncycles wrote:If you could thank them for their (mostly favorable) comments, assure them that the future of this rare estate is safe, and that once I have collected all the parts to sort the bodywork, hopefully sometime next year, it will be getting a makeover, although It'll never be perfect.
My French isn't that bloody good!

J'ai copié cette poste et les photos à BXC UK, pour que le propriétaire (Mike S - 'citsncycles') pourrait voir vos comments (je les ai traduit bien sur!). Il a deja fait beaucoup de soudage pour le 'MOT' (qu'elle etait obtenu le jeudi 20 septembre!) et des reparations mechanique. Mike vous remercie beaucoup de l'interet et vous assure qu'elle sera sauvé!

(Which may or may not mean something along the lines of: "I copied this post and the photos to BXC UK so the owner could see your comments (I translated them of course). He has already done a lot of welding for the MOT (which it passed on Thur 20 Sept) and mechanical repairs. Mike thanks you very much for your interest and assures you she will be saved." Or I might have accused their mothers of being hamsters and their fathers smelling of elderberries, I dunno ...)
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Xemes wrote: " C K C " when pronounced it sound in french like : " it's broken"

The French make a habit of this kind of thing. Making fun of venerable old works of art! :roll: :D
Xemes
BXpert

Post by Xemes »

Xemes
BXpert

Post by Xemes »

Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Nice pics. That white Sport really was beautiful 8)
Xemes
BXpert

Post by Xemes »

was :?: :?: :?: #-o :mrgreen:
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD